Sign in to follow this  
FLighT01

Deleting Saved Flights

Is it safe to delete saved flights from within FSX or should they be deleted from Flight Simulator X Files folder in (My) Documents? I know not to mess with the logbook from inside FSX but not sure about the saved flights.Thanks.

Frank L.T

Yes, it is perfectly safe. I just removed 173 such saved flights that various addons had cramed in the folder... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The possible exception would be whatever FLT you had saved and told the sim to make it your "default Flight" (the one presented to you on the Free Flight screen).Not sure about FSX but in FS2004 if that flight was missing (the one specified on the situation= line in the FS9.cfg file), you would get at CTD.That line exists in the FSX.cfg file (assuming you had created a new default flight) so to be on the safe side I would be sure that flight was not deleted.

Thanks fella's, doin a little house cleaning of my FSX install. Ran into a problem with stutters after upgrading from nHancer 2.5.1 to 2.5.7 and double checked all nhancer settings after the upgrade. Unistalled .7 and reinstalled .1 but no joy. Figured I fubar'd the driver somehow (64 bit 182.50's on an Nvidia 280 card, on Vista64). Did the driver dance (uninstall, delete driver file, empty recycle bin, reboot in Safe mode, run driver sweeper, reboot, reinstalled 182.50's), and I'm about 95% back to where I was. (Why can't I just leave well enough alone?!). Next I'm going to back up the cfg, delete it and build a new one, and reset my graphics settings, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to clean up some things. You caveat about the default flight is noted Opa.Hmm. Does brings up a second question. Manually editing the cfg on the half dozen or so "tweeks" I make is no biggie. But running through all the gauges permissions stuff is a pain. The C-130 and all it's variants alone is an exercise in carpal tunnel syndrome.Any thoughts on whether it makes any difference if I cut and paste those permissions versus creating them anew?

Frank L.T

Hmm. Does brings up a second question. Manually editing the cfg on the half dozen or so "tweeks" I make is no biggie. But running through all the gauges permissions stuff is a pain. The C-130 and all it's variants alone is an exercise in carpal tunnel syndrome.Any thoughts on whether it makes any difference if I cut and paste those permissions versus creating them anew?
I assume you are speaking about the listings in the FSX.cfg file under the [Trusted] label.My thought is that the Copy and Paste method should be fine - as long as the path to each gauge has not changed.I would make a backup of the cfg file first and then try it. Sure would save a bunch of work.

I assume you are speaking about the listings in the FSX.cfg file under the [Trusted] label.My thought is that the Copy and Paste method should be fine - as long as the path to each gauge has not changed.I would make a backup of the cfg file first and then try it. Sure would save a bunch of work.
Yep, running through the "Trusted" windows is what I was thinking about. Thanks.

Frank L.T

Guest napamule

By highlighting and doing a copy/paste to notepad (after all, it's just text, and just because it's in the FSX.cfg doesn't make it 'special') you can save your (Trusted) section text. Save to my docs for copy/paste back into new cfg. Simple dimple. You can also make a 'copy' of your FSX cfg (using right clicks) to FSX cfg, then 'copy' then 'paste'. It will then be named 'Copy of FSX.cfg', so you can 'fish' (copy/paste) any other settings you have, or just so you can compare cfg later on. Next year? 3 years? (There's 'talk' that (somehow) the 'end time' for Flt Simming is coming? That's why I am backing up all my FSX files-just in case-hehe)).Chuck BNapamule

By highlighting and doing a copy/paste to notepad (after all, it's just text, and just because it's in the FSX.cfg doesn't make it 'special') you can save your (Trusted) section text. Save to my docs for copy/paste back into new cfg. Simple dimple. You can also make a 'copy' of your FSX cfg (using right clicks) to FSX cfg, then 'copy' then 'paste'. It will then be named 'Copy of FSX.cfg', so you can 'fish' (copy/paste) any other settings you have, or just so you can compare cfg later on. Next year? 3 years? (There's 'talk' that (somehow) the 'end time' for Flt Simming is coming? That's why I am backing up all my FSX files-just in case-hehe)).Chuck BNapamule
Yep, 2012, end of everything, or so I keep hearing. :( But seriously, uninstalling 2.5.7 and reinstalling 2.5.1 didn't fix the stutters, but for whatever reason a clean reinstall of the 182.50's was the ticket. Not sure if I need to rebuild the cfg at this point or not. St-St-Stuttering gone, just the occasional pause, which I always have experienced, and for which I've never found a solution.

Frank L.T