Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Do you recognise this FS9 crash ?

I occasionally see FS9 crash in a very specific way. First the screen suddenly go black. Then after a short while the LEDs starts blinking on the DVD/CD units. Then a message that FS9 has stopped working. What could that be? I have experienced this crash with different kind of airplanes and on different computers and also different OS both 32bit and 64bit (WinXP and Win 7 64 bit)

I occasionally see FS9 crash in a very specific way. First the screen suddenly go black. Then after a short while the LEDs starts blinking on the DVD/CD units. Then a message that FS9 has stopped working. What could that be? I have experienced this crash with different kind of airplanes and on different computers and also different OS both 32bit and 64bit (WinXP and Win 7 64 bit)
The trouble is that you seem to have ignored the important bit. When you get the message that tells you it has stopped working it will invariably tell you what has caused it. See http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfi...php#Identifying if you are in doubt.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

There should be a log of the error.If you go to the event viewer, it should be under application..( Control panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer / Application)That would be a good place to start..