Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Has anyone noticed that it's next to impossible

If you now of any please list them, especially for Ultimate Traffic II, add-on aircraft and add-on scenery.AND you can't find out about product problems because some forums are for the licensed only; hence we don't get the real truth about a product.

The primary reason for forums being restricted to licensed owners only... piracy support.If you want the forums to be opened... kill piracy. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

While not a review, I have been compiling a list of native FSX aircraft. You can use that to google reviews and such I spose....http://cid-408ca931940d5e3c.skydrive.live....X%20Payware.xls

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you now of any please list them, especially for Ultimate Traffic II, add-on aircraft and add-on scenery.AND you can't find out about product problems because some forums are for the licensed only; hence we don't get the real truth about a product.
While we've resisted the closed to public forum model we have considered it for reasons stated. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

While we've resisted the closed to public forum model we have considered it for reasons stated. :(
But, our forums are NOT restricted to the "licensed only." Anyone is welcome to register and login.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Our output is reviewed on just about every major sim website and customer feedback is available on almost any public flightsim website forum (we do not run our own). In addition, in the last year our products have been reviewed in magazines in the UK, France, Germany, Australia, the USA and others. and some of these publications can be subscribed to from other countries. I can't think how more comprehensive the coverage of most addons could be. There have never been more reviews!Rob Young - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Our output is reviewed on just about every major sim website and customer feedback is available on almost any public flightsim website forum (we do not run our own). In addition, in the last year our products have been reviewed in magazines in the UK, France, Germany, Australia, the USA and others. and some of these publications can be subscribed to from other countries. I can't think how more comprehensive the coverage of most addons could be. There have never been more reviews!Rob Young - RealAir
And some of the finest awards as well Rob. Looks like you are all doing well. I've intended to drop over and pickup the Duke but have been a bit swamped lately. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Reviews can take a long time to do well and reviewers have to squeeze their amateur writing pursuits in somewhere among work and family. My 767 review has taken a ridiculously long time because of three major updates and the addition of a 200 and freighter. In addition, tests flight between Atlanta and Moscow tend to take awhile :-) Reviewers are working behind the scenes to produce the most accurate and complete reviews they can. I don't know that I would agree that there is a dearth of reviews now.

As I have said in other posts, AVSIM needs a place where people can post their own reviews. Yes, I know there is a forum for this type of thing but it is not what I am looking for. I would rather be able to read several short reviews or comments about products or online stores. I think the model of what I would like would be something like Trip Advisor for flight sim. You look up a product, see the official AVSIM review, product information supplied by the developer and several user reviews. Maybe people could post their own screenshots. Reviews would still have to be approved and they could be limited to people with more than 100 forum posts to weed out trolls.Let's face it, there are a ton of mini reviews in the forums and 90% of them end up becoming arguments. We could close those "discussion" threads and tell people to post a review. That way, all of the reviews and comments are in one place and readers can look through them to get a better picture of what a product is like for a lot of people - not just one person.Trip Advisor has won several awards for their site and it is the best model I have seen for product reviews. It is my bible when I am planning a trip and a similar system at AVSIM would it make it the bible for simmers that want to purchase add ons.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I haven't found this to be true. At all. Have you actually looked or are you simply expecting someone else to do it for you? :( A single example:Ultimate Traffic II. There is a review here at Avsim. No need for a link I am sure you can find it by yourself. Try typing something into a search engine...

Guest Astradan

Is it just me, or does every thread on here these days get taken over by the Eaglesoft marketing machine?I often think that I've mistakenly gone to the ES forum, instead of AVSIM!This thread, classic example, we have Ron, Ed and Bill with us, slowly evolving the original question into a discussion on Eaglesoft's forum and support policies.I don't want a another war Ron, but I am as entitled to speak here as you are, and I think I'm making a very reasonable observation! Here's a smiley; :( ...and let's keep it friendly.I believe AVSIM was set up for the FS hobby as a whole, and of course as well as users that includes developers. But some people are pushing it a bit and someties forget (when defending their products for example), that they're on a public forum for all, where balance will prevail, not on the forums of their own marketing machines.

Guest dswo

1. There are several places where reviews can be posted: this forum, the user review forum, other fora. I think what the OP wants is a megasite that will pull everything together. Seems to me there's a place for that, if someone wants to build and -- here's the key -- maintain and moderate it. That being said, I don't think it's "next to impossible" to find out about products before you buy them. It's just not as easy as going on TripAdvisor.2. I'd rather have devs involved in the community than not. The way to balance the representation is for other devs to participate. Wait -- that's already happening in this thread: see posts by Jim Skorna of HiFi and Rob Young of RealAir.

The best information can come right here. Just search the forums here for the product you are interested, and see what people are saying. There's usually one or more thread on every product, and that will give you the best info you can find.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF