Sign in to follow this  
WOH068

PMDG MD-11X FMS Problem

Hi everybody...During a World Tour on IVAO i had to fly from Saipan Int. (PGSN) to Hobart (YMHB).Using the MD-11 and Airac 0911.If i enter PGSN/YMHB for Dep./Dest. i get the message NOT IN DATA BASE.ok. Itried something different. Using PGSN/YMML. Thats working. Now i wanted to use YMHB as Alternate.Same again.. NOT IN DATA BASE.I wrote to navigraph but they said YMHB is in the DB.I opened the Airport.dat with the editor and indeed....there it is.But if the Airport is in the Database....why can't i enter it into the FMS???Itried the Jetstream 4100. I was at YMML and tried to enter YMHB as destination.That is working..... Same Airac !!!So there must be a problem with the MD-11RegardsHarald Gr

Hi everybody...During a World Tour on IVAO i had to fly from Saipan Int. (PGSN) to Hobart (YMHB).Using the MD-11 and Airac 0911.If i enter PGSN/YMHB for Dep./Dest. i get the message NOT IN DATA BASE.ok. Itried something different. Using PGSN/YMML. Thats working. Now i wanted to use YMHB as Alternate.Same again.. NOT IN DATA BASE.I wrote to navigraph but they said YMHB is in the DB.I opened the Airport.dat with the editor and indeed....there it is.But if the Airport is in the Database....why can't i enter it into the FMS???Itried the Jetstream 4100. I was at YMML and tried to enter YMHB as destination.That is working..... Same Airac !!!So there must be a problem with the MD-11RegardsHarald Gr

tried my md 11 with ymhb and pgsn with 911 they work ok with me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I know Hobart is in the database also as I just flew to (with a ILS approach, go around, then a VOR approach, all data was there and fine) and from there a few days ago without any problems in the MD-11X. Although I am using a older Airac, I assume you checked the actual PMDG folder for the file?

Do you have the latest patch installed?
I have no patch installed.The Number that is shown in the Aircraft.cfg is V1.20.0055I bought the boxed version.Harald Gr

I know Hobart is in the database also as I just flew to (with a ILS approach, go around, then a VOR approach, all data was there and fine) and from there a few days ago without any problems in the MD-11X. Although I am using a older Airac, I assume you checked the actual PMDG folder for the file?
Yes. I checked the actual Folder and there are the SID/STAR procedures and in the Airport.dat there is YMHB.I started MSFSX new and tried the same with the BAe JS41.. Placed it on YMML and tried to get to YMHB.The BAe FMC still display Airaic 0709 but i think it uses the actual AIRAC too.And there i can enter YMHB without any problems..Harald Gr

The not in database error could also be caused by navdata and sidstar data not of same cycle; for example, an old sidstar could reference an old runway number or a decomissioned navaid that isn't in the newer navdata. Just an example. There are three elements that have to be congruent: airports.dat, wpNavAPT.txt and the sidstar for the location.The 0709 indicated by the JS41 FMS is not an airac cycle, it is just the serial number of the simulated software.

Dan Downs KCRP

Harald,Posted on Navigraph by Jan-Paul Schuchna:Hi,please check your RWY Filter settings at the PMDG options, maybe there are some airports excluded. I can enter the airport here without any problems.***So, it would be a runway "length" filer to check.Default should be all airports?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The not in database error could also be caused by navdata and sidstar data not of same cycle; for example, an old sidstar could reference an old runway number or a decomissioned navaid that isn't in the newer navdata. Just an example. There are three elements that have to be congruent: airports.dat, wpNavAPT.txt and the sidstar for the location.The 0709 indicated by the JS41 FMS is not an airac cycle, it is just the serial number of the simulated software.
Thanks for explaining.There is only one AIRAC for all PMDG Products.So why is it possible for me to enter YMHB into the FMC of the BAe JS41 and the MD-11 sais not in Data Base??At the Moment i fly online and do the next leg. If it is over i will reinstall the MD-11.Maybe that's the solution.

I doubt reinstalling the MD11 would make a difference. The data is just text files, you should look at them for your self. Did you check the runway length filter as suggested?

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry... can't check it at the moment.I'm on the way to YGEL with a Citation X.I will check it after landing..

So..back again.Thanks Vaughan Martell.That was the reason.The RWY filter was set to 6500ft. After disabling this filter i was able to enter YMHB.

So..back again.Thanks Vaughan Martell.That was the reason.The RWY filter was set to 6500ft. After disabling this filter i was able to enter YMHB.
Doesn't YMHB have over a 7,000ft rwy?