Sign in to follow this  
Zachiii

J41 problems

I cannot save J41 flight plans. I can program and fly using the FMS just fine, but can never find saved flight plans.Also, I cannot turn on the passenger cabin lights...if that can be done.And flinally, on some landings I cannot get the spoilers to retract. The moving the throttles out of reverse and even the spoiler switch to OFF will not bring them down.Thanks for the help,zach

Please sign your full name.Do you have SP1 for the JS41? The cabin light switch is behind the FO seat, look towards the right rear of the cockpit.Does the spoiler light extinguish? Watch control surfaces in the instant replay mode reveals many faults in this feature.

Dan Downs KCRP

Please sign your full name.Do you have SP1 for the JS41? The cabin light switch is behind the FO seat, look towards the right rear of the cockpit.Does the spoiler light extinguish? Watch control surfaces in the instant replay mode reveals many faults in this feature.
I have SP1 for JS41.With spoiler light OFF, light extinguishes...but spoilers are UP....zach bogue

Do you see spoilers up from the cockpit or spot view when the light extinguishes, or are you using the replay feature.The flightplan save and list function is working since SP1. Not sure what your problem is with finding saved flights. Look in the pmdg/flightplans folder to verify they are there.

Dan Downs KCRP

The cabin light switch is behind the FO seat, look towards the right rear of the cockpit.Sorry, I still can't fine it. Can you put my hand on it?zach bogue

The cabin light switch is behind the FO seat, look towards the right rear of the cockpit.Sorry, I still can't fine it. Can you put my hand on it?zach bogue
I think shift "L" works as well.

If it were a snake it would have bit you on your ear:

Dan Downs KCRP

I am still having the spoiler problem as well. SP1 installed on Acceleration, using the Air Atlantic Livery (Not sure if that matters). I use a saved flight. It is not consistant, probably once in 10 flights.

Dan, Thanks for the photo guide to the cabin light.I have note from PMDG that the cabin light is not modeled.But the light is modeled but without 90% of proper illumination.This is something PMGD could correct.Thanks,zach bogue

I am still having the spoiler problem as well. SP1 installed on Acceleration, using the Air Atlantic Livery (Not sure if that matters). I use a saved flight. It is not consistant, probably once in 10 flights.
I have tested the spoilers over and over.I have the spoilers stuck in the up position from time to time, too.I have experimented using reverse thrust with F2 key and idle with throttle and F1, then taxie throttle.Many times the spoilers retract, and sometimes they do not.I think it has to do with reverse trust technique...but haven't solved the problem.zach bogue

I have tested the spoilers over and over.I have the spoilers stuck in the up position from time to time, too.I have experimented using reverse thrust with F2 key and idle with throttle and F1, then taxie throttle.Many times the spoilers retract, and sometimes they do not.I think it has to do with reverse trust technique...but haven't solved the problem.zach bogue
Same here, I am pretty sure it has something to do with the reverse thrust technique, least it seems that way, but I can't put my finger on it either.

I cannot save J41 flight plans. I can program and fly using the FMS just fine, but can never find saved flight plans.
Had this issue until yesterday when I went to PMDG\FlightPlans folder and changed its permisions to ones that allows normal computer users to write here. Now it works fine.I don't know why J41 doesn't work with folder virtualization, it would be nice if PMDG fix this at some point of time.

Guest JeffMc

Bring thrust to idle using the F1 key and the spoilers will come down. Took me a while to figure this out too. Jeff McKenney

Same here, I am pretty sure it has something to do with the reverse thrust technique, least it seems that way, but I can't put my finger on it either.
On some aircraft retracting the flaps brings the spoilers down.Iain Smith