Sign in to follow this  
Zachiii

New RC4 sound files

Has anyone tried these new files from FlightSim:FS2004/FSX MeatWater VocPack for Radar Contact 4 version 2, one of ten parts. By installing these version 2 remastered voice sets, ATC will now sound almost as the prerecorded, real chatter files. All voices now feature a real ATC sound, making RC4 immersive as never before. By Nick Schreger.I assume they are compatiable with FSX and RC4...and are more "professional" sounding.zach

Yes, highly recommended by most of us RC users...
Thanks. I give it a try!

Thanks. I give it a try!
The new RC4 sound files are outstanding.Its ATC communications with the pros.zach

Thanks. I give it a try!
The new RC4 sound files are outstanding.Its ATC communications with the pros.zach

Will you be able to change the voices in RC? I downloaded the first 4 sets and get the British accents and want to change them to American.XJET

Has anyone tried these new files from FlightSim:FS2004/FSX MeatWater VocPack for Radar Contact 4 version 2, one of ten parts. By installing these version 2 remastered voice sets, ATC will now sound almost as the prerecorded, real chatter files. All voices now feature a real ATC sound, making RC4 immersive as never before. By Nick Schreger.I assume they are compatiable with FSX and RC4...and are more "professional" sounding.zach
If any RC4 user hasn't tried these new voice packs, you don't know what you are missing! These are truly amazing. It really does combine the phrases and instructions we are used to with RC4, with possibly the only good thing from default ATC and that is the fluency of the speech. Although I'll miss some of my old controllers in the sky :( this new set make RC4 feel as if its an completely upgraded version. Well done Meatwater!Mark

Guest shuttle5
If any RC4 user hasn't tried these new voice packs, you don't know what you are missing! These are truly amazing. It really does combine the phrases and instructions we are used to with RC4, with possibly the only good thing from default ATC and that is the fluency of the speech. Although I'll miss some of my old controllers in the sky :( this new set make RC4 feel as if its an completely upgraded version. Well done Meatwater!Mark
I have to agree , these files make this already superb program just outstanding. Well done Meatwater

Guest coops

Are the instructions easy to understand? Do we still get the option of a text display as well. I am hard of hearing and I need the text even for the old voices.

Well I was looking forward to these sound sets, heard so many good things about them.Tried them and I can't see what the fuss is about :( All there is are the same voices, just made to sound tinny and scruffy.

Guest philby
Well I was looking forward to these sound sets, heard so many good things about them.Tried them and I can't see what the fuss is about :( All there is are the same voices, just made to sound tinny and scruffy.What a load of crap.
if that's the way you feel don't use them then :( :( B)

Well I was looking forward to these sound sets, heard so many good things about them.Tried them and I can't see what the fuss is about :( All there is are the same voices, just made to sound tinny and scruffy.
Yes, most are indeed the same voices, but they are played faster, which sounds more realistic. And I agree that they are made more scruffy, in other words, more like real ATC. If you ever listen to real ATC radio, then some of it is very hard to understand. The meatwater sounds are clear enough, without being slow. Even on the fastest slider settings, I could not get some of the original RC4 voice files to sound realistically fluent enough. Default FS ATC also sounds a bit scruffy too. I don't want ATC to be unnaturally clear with each word spoken slowly and precisely. However choice is yours, you can have either have them or not...
Are the instructions easy to understand? Do we still get the option of a text display as well. I am hard of hearing and I need the text even for the old voices.
Yes, you can still display text if you want. There's no change to the actual operation of RC4, just uses a new set of voices.