Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Win 7/ FS2004 Major Hiccup!

I have installed Win7 on a fresh HDD on my P5B-E/E6600 system with a 7950Gt graphics card and was impressed on the ease of installation and the speed at which it picked up and installed extra devices etc. I installed the latest recommended Win 7 driver for the grahics cardHowever, when I installed FS9 I immediately ran into a problem. All was well in windowed mode but as soon as I went to full screen I found the following:1. Right clicking to bring up the menu - screen goes black for 4 - 5 secs, then menu appears.2. Selecting ALT for main menu - screen goes black for 4 - 5 secs, then menu appears but sometimes screen stays black. If normal picture appears, cursor {arrow} has often turned black.3. Selecting any menu item, again screen goes black for several seconds before selected item is actioned.4. Finally, if I select FSUIPC from the menu, the screen goes black and FS9 freezes. Have to ctl-alt-delete to TM to close FS9So far I have tried both Win32 and 64; I have tried compatibilty mode, removing all visual effects and changing settings within the NVidia control panel. I have even installed an ATI 4850 graphics card - again seeing exactly the same problem.Oddly, I have also installed FSX and have none of these problems

Hi!I'm having the same problem with a Nvidia 9600GT.Quite annoying. Hope problem can be fixed. Also compatibility mode doesn't help at all (so does disable Aero features )

If you change to 'windowed' mode the menu will reappear as if by magic - do your selections then return to full screen. Probably a display driver issue.Haven't got the videos to work in FS9 though - seems they require an 'allow' in the window and there is no way to do this inside FS9 - play ok in media player though.John E

Hey John,thanks for the reply.As long as it helps to change window size for special menus like PMDG options it is usable, but getting the menu bar visible takes at least 4 to 5 seconds most of the times. That is a little annoying.I also think is a driver problem cause all users who seem to have it also having a Nvidia card.Hope it will be fixed in newer Windows 7 designed drivers.But by the way I really enjoy FS9 on Windows7, it really gets the last out of my not the newest system. Loading times are faster than with XP (virgin FS9 that is of course). Maybe that is because of a more optimized dual processor support.Cheers,Markus

I have installed Win7 on a fresh HDD on my P5B-E/E6600 system with a 7950Gt graphics card and was impressed on the ease of installation and the speed at which it picked up and installed extra devices etc. I installed the latest recommended Win 7 driver for the grahics cardHowever, when I installed FS9 I immediately ran into a problem. All was well in windowed mode but as soon as I went to full screen I found the following:1. Right clicking to bring up the menu - screen goes black for 4 - 5 secs, then menu appears.2. Selecting ALT for main menu - screen goes black for 4 - 5 secs, then menu appears but sometimes screen stays black. If normal picture appears, cursor {arrow} has often turned black.3. Selecting any menu item, again screen goes black for several seconds before selected item is actioned.4. Finally, if I select FSUIPC from the menu, the screen goes black and FS9 freezes. Have to ctl-alt-delete to TM to close FS9So far I have tried both Win32 and 64; I have tried compatibilty mode, removing all visual effects and changing settings within the NVidia control panel. I have even installed an ATI 4850 graphics card - again seeing exactly the same problem.Oddly, I have also installed FSX and have none of these problems

(Editing out my suggestion - I noticed that my fix was mentioned above as being tried already)

I too have this menu issue with an NVIDIA GTS250, seems to remind me of some years back when we had the same driver issues with FS9.Having said that, I am quite pleased with the slightly increased performance I have now so its something I can live with at the moment. :( Having a few flicker problems as well with the Level D in the RMI and clock gauges

Steve,Interesting - not tried LVL D in FS9 yet but I have the flicker with the Airsimmer clock and RMI gauges. But only with an NVidia card - if I put my ATI 4850 in, no flicker. Odd and a coincidence ........ ?I'll try LVL D next.

I seem to have this issue as well. I noticed it when I brought up the kneeboard.Does FS9 jump in between windowed mode and full screen ok? Haven't tried that yet, but I would be ok using that as a work around.

- Aaron