Sign in to follow this  
Guest Major Pilot

Doors and ACARS

Guest Major Pilot

Hi again!I am enjoying the 747 very much :( . I tried opening the doors using some available key commands I set up. I tried opening any of the doors and none opened. I tried opening the front cargo nose making sure to have all electrical sources available and one selected IE external selected and APU L/R Avail. but that did not work either. I think I am missing something but I don't know what.Regarding the ACARS. There is an address input on one of the ACARS pages. What is that for? I checked the manual and could not find anything specific to the ACARS data. I did a google search and came up with very little as well. Is there an ACARS run down somewhere?Thank you very much in advance for any help.Mike Vivaldi

Hi again!I am enjoying the 747 very much :( . I tried opening the doors using some available key commands I set up. I tried opening any of the doors and none opened. I tried opening the front cargo nose making sure to have all electrical sources available and one selected IE external selected and APU L/R Avail. but that did not work either. I think I am missing something but I don't know what.Regarding the ACARS. There is an address input on one of the ACARS pages. What is that for? I checked the manual and could not find anything specific to the ACARS data. I did a google search and came up with very little as well. Is there an ACARS run down somewhere?Thank you very much in advance for any help.Mike Vivaldi
Acars is inop.

Guest Major Pilot
Acars is inop.
Thanks!Mike Vivaldi

Guest Major Pilot
Thanks!Mike Vivaldi
I think UAC is biting me on the door issue. I will try again with UAC disabled.Thanks!Mike Vivaldi

Guest Major Pilot

Nope. TOGA commands work just fine. Does anyone have any keys which they use for the doors? I cant get the L1 door to open at all. I tried reassigning but no luck. Forum search yielded no results.Thanks in advanceMike Vivaldi

In my case, I deleted the default MSFS key assignments then assigned those keys with the pmdg options keycommands. Works for me. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Major Pilot

Thanks for the advice! I will try that today when I have a chance.Mike Vivaldi

Thanks for the advice! I will try that today when I have a chance.Mike Vivaldi
Does anyone know if ACARS might be modeled in the future? (I'm not trying to create a weather radar-type debate, just curious.) I'm not really schooled in all that ACARS can do, and it might be neat to play around with a modeled one in the NG or other future aircraft.

Guest Major Pilot

Door issue resolved. I needed to do some creative keyboard command deleting from FS. Thanks for all the helpMike Vivaldi

I'm not really schooled in all that ACARS can do, and it might be neat to play around with a modeled one in the NG or other future aircraft.
The main purpose of ACARS is really to give the airline the ability to communicate with the pilot. It also allows the pilot to recieve ATIS for multiple airports at once. Kevin W