Sign in to follow this  
Guest w1jop2009

MSFS fatal error

Guest w1jop2009

I have a brand new Aleinwear Auora desktop system running Windows 7, Most times I can not compleate a flight on flight sim, because 3/4 through the flight I get a fatal error and then the sim resets. I have done pretty much everything except a full reinstal, I am wondering is this a comatiblilty issue between MSFS X and win 7?This happens both when service pack 2 in instaled and not instaled, I dont think its the Alienware computer, it works great.any help would be apreciated

Guest ArkDesurez

Hi,i Also Have this Problem,My is a Win7 64 Bit 4gb ramInstalled Fsx deluxe + xpansion pack today and tried some missions.Halfway through,there was this fatal error,prior to that,the game 'hangs" and there is no sound,The Timing and location seem to be random,it has happened on both Mission and Free Flight.however,i dont know if its just win7,it does not have the problem details.Thanks For any help

Guest ArkDesurez

nobody has any idea???? :(((i wanna fly ....

Guess the problem is there isn't any easy way to find the culprit behind these fatal errors, they can be triggered by different things and there can be different ways fixing them. I've been suffering alot from fatal error but in my case I seem to have found a way to get rid of them by reading this thread and to try different things suggested in it. I suggest you also have a look at it and also if you haven't already do some searching on your own since you will be able to find lots of info at different locations regarding these kind of problems with FSX.Here is the thread I mentioned -> http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=249211

Richard Åsberg

You guys aren't alone. I'm having a similiar problem as well.I bought a brand new pc and everytime I fly in FSX it crashes after 30 minutes or so. I get the dreaded out of memory error. Does anyone out there have any ideas?!? I want to fly as well :( . I'm considering rolling back windows 7 to XP ProI'm runningFSX SP 2Most recent PMDG MD-11 (With US Airways Livery) (just purchased the other day)FS2CrewActiveSky XRadar Contact v4PC SpecsAthlon II X2 245(2.9GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 1GBWindows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Guest ArkDesurez

i Dont think its the OS,but ,if u roll back,then u can try to contact microsoft as microsoft stated on fsx box Supported for Xp,however it didnt state that it supports Win7,therefore we can get support!!!!Anyone have any idea???? this is fustrating me

Did you read my last reply above and follow all tips available both in that other thread I pointed out and also in lots of other threads discussing similar problems. For sure you're not alone having these kind of problems but don't expect to have someone serve you the magic pill that will solve your problems but you'll have to do some troubleshooting on your own trying the different tips availiable to hopefully find a solution to your specific problem.

Richard Åsberg

We need more information before we can help. The most important piece of information will be in your eventlog - after FSX crashes click on start and then type eventvwr.msc in the search box and press enter. Expand Windows logs in the left hand window and then click on Application - in the centre window are the log entries, look for a white ! in a red circle and then double click on it. Click on the copy button in the lower left of the window and paste the contents in a reply to this post using Ctrl-V.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest ArkDesurez

hm,thanks for the reply.Flying Fsx Now,Will Post the details ASAP

Guest ArkDesurez

err,it happened again,however,there was any white ! in red circle in the windows log,Any idea.the entire thing happened too fast,by the time,i reach event viewer-it restarted already.does it have to be viewed,while its encoutering the error?

Any entries in the Event Log will stay there for you to view, so no...you don't need to view them at the time they happen.

Richard Åsberg

Guest ArkDesurez

okay,i found it,my very badhere it is :Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb1dException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0000e52aFaulting process id: 0x794Faulting application start time: 0x01ca7e573c80d29dFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dllReport Id: 8d3ebd57-ea4e-11de-a3d3-00256479e256Thanks For any help given(Already,and potentially :) )

OK, then there's good hope you will be able to solve your problem following the directions in the thread I referred to in my original post here, ie the solution seems to be replacing the uicoreautomation.dll file with what I understood is it's 32-bit counterpart.In my case the module was always 'Unknown' but despite this I tried replacing the dll file and so far so good...no more fatal errors even though I've flown lots of nm since!

Richard Åsberg

Yes just put a Vista version of uicoreautomation.dll in your fsx folder and you should be right.Just another hint, don't install FSX in c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games.......Install to a folder outside of c:\program files (x86)

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest ArkDesurez

So Must i Reinstall my Fsx To something Outside (x86) Folder?