Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Random CTDs - please help!

Hi,Randomly FSX throws me to the desktop with a fatal error before it says FSX will be restarted. When checking in the application log this is what it says with the Event ID 1000 and the source is Application error:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x600bafffFaulting process id: 0x14d4Faulting application start time: 0x01ca6097d00db318Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: a8dfd908-cca4-11de-a7a5-d4857fcb706cI haven't been able to see any real pattern when it happens but it appears most of the times when it happens is when I switch views in FSX. Was thinking if maybe running FSX in compatibility mode for XP SP3 would possibly do any good, someone else tried this? Anyway I will give it a shot and see what happens. Very annoying to never be able to fly without beeing afraid all of a sudden you will lose your flight because of these CTDs :( Also hard to know what is actually the culprit when the module is always 'Unknown'Read in another thread that some people solved their similar problems in Win 7 (I'm also running FSX SP2 under Win 7 64bit version) by placing a Vista 32-bit version of the file UIAutomationCore.dll in the FSX main folder, however I'm not sure if that would help me since I never saw that file mentioned in any of the error messages?If you have any input that would help me solve these CTDs I would be more than grateful!!

Richard Åsberg

Guest w1jop2009

just wondering, what OS are you running?

just wondering, what OS are you running?
It's in my original post above, I'm running Win7 64-bit.

Richard Åsberg

Guest w1jop2009

I think its a minor issue between win7 64b and FSX, I did a fresh instal of FSX and it seems to be working fine for me at the moment

OK, my installation is very fresh as well and I'm not that willing to start all over again configuring and installing all addons etc. Will try some flying in windowed mode for a while now and see if that works better. I've also set FSX and all FSX-related apps to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Richard Åsberg