Sign in to follow this  
Guest w1jop2009

MSFS X fatal error

Guest w1jop2009

Hi, wondering if anyone can help, I get randomized fatal errors with FS X, never happened in XP but it happens at random times and sometimes not at all in WIN 7, This happens with both SP2 instaled and not instaled, it also willl not let me use Wilco' 777, I have a new Alianware system running win 7, the only thing I can think of its a compatibility issue with Win7 and FS X. I did everything with the exception of a fulll reinstal of the program. Any help would be apreciated

Hi, wondering if anyone can help, I get randomized fatal errors with FS X, never happened in XP but it happens at random times and sometimes not at all in WIN 7, This happens with both SP2 instaled and not instaled, it also willl not let me use Wilco' 777, I have a new Alianware system running win 7, the only thing I can think of its a compatibility issue with Win7 and FS X. I did everything with the exception of a fulll reinstal of the program. Any help would be apreciated
What are the error messages? These blue screens or just FSX crashing? One thing I've read in various forums is some of the fsx.cfg tweaks like bufferpools and affinity mask are causing some people problems in W7 that didn't happen in XP/Vista. As far as the Wilco 777 is see it's certified compatible with Vista 32 so it "shouldn't" be an issue with W7 32 bit. Did you migrate to W7/64 bit by any chance? Random thoughts - hope it helps.

Regards, Kendall

Guest w1jop2009

FS just crashes no blue screen............all i get is"fatal error has occured"i am useing W7/64bit

Guest w1jop2009

I did a fresh instal and so far it seems to be working okay.................seems to be an issue with the service packs and MS acceleration.........

I did a fresh instal and so far it seems to be working okay.................seems to be an issue with the service packs and MS acceleration.........
I get thim every flight, I have not completed one flight that is more than 2 hours long. I'm not sure what is going on. Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

I'm getting them as well with Pro x64. I've tried going back to various image backups I made but I couldn't track it down.This AM I did a quick format and am reinstalling - slowly and making a flight after each piece of FS software added.I'm also trying the latest WHQL 191.07 nvidia drivers for my 8800GTX.Fingers crossed!

After a clean install I've now experienced the same 'fatal error' shutdown. Same as the OP; no error message just the ' a fatal error has occured' window, and then FSX restarts.I made ksfo-ksan hop in the LDS, no probs. Installed REX, Mustang and then Kodiak. I restarted FSX between each install but neglected to get airborne. Dumb move. I shall roll back to to the FSX with LDS image (True Image 2010) and retry.Just a coincidence I think though. Darn annoying considering everything ran perfectly under W7 RC.Anyone else?

Is the common denominator here that you are all using addon aircraft when it happens? So far 2 potential culprits are Wilco's 777 and LDS's 767 - are these both 100% compatible with Vista/W7 64bit?I am on a clean install of W764Bit and have been doing some flying in the Duke around VFR Germany with no problems so far...

Konrad

Hi Konrad,I don't have the Wilco 777 and I can categorically state that it's not LDS. I'm on the team :)Load the default CRJ700, depart KSEA RWY34, fly heading 045 and climb to FL310. Hands off and let the autopilot fly for at least 30mins.

I get the same thing but only under specific circumstances. If I hit Alt and cursor around the menu bar options quickly it will crash almost every time. If I just move slow and select carefully no problem.Don't know if this helps but found it tolerable now that I know the trigger.Cheers

See this thread: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=266484If this fix is the real mccoy, it needs to be a sticky.6 hours of flying time with the new .dll, lots of accessing the menus and no problems so far.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad