Sign in to follow this  
camaflight

Who have this network configuration for WideFS ?

Hi all,I'm still having problems running applications on the WdeClient macine (the applications loose contact with FS after 31/2 to 5 minutes).I have also great difficulties in finding out if my two OS's really are capabel of running with the WideFS.Hence I wonder: Could those of you who reads this topic please tell if you have managed or not to run WideFS with the same configuration as I do:WideFS-server machine: Vista Home premium 64 BitWideClient machine: XP Pro 32 BitI just need to know if you succeeded or not, but of course if you have the time then just briefly tell what you did to achieve this and/or if there were any particular problems that occured during the set up process.Thanks in advanceKind regards,Carl

Yes that is my setup, except I use Vista 64 Ultimate, are you using FSX or FS9, I use FSX. And one more dumb question your fsuipc and widefs are registered right????

Yes that is my setup, except I use Vista 64 Ultimate, are you using FSX or FS9, I use FSX. And one more dumb question your fsuipc and widefs are registered right????
Thanks for replying,So you have Ultimate, well I just wonder if problems occurs when running Home Premium - some half related topics on the net have stated that there are some missing options in Home editions that in some occations makes a problem with a network setup between XP and Vista.I'm using FS9 and have registrated versions of Mr Dowson's wonder dll's.Regards,Carl

Thanks for replying,So you have Ultimate, well I just wonder if problems occurs when running Home Premium - some half related topics on the net have stated that there are some missing options in Home editions that in some occations makes a problem with a network setup between XP and Vista.I'm using FS9 and have registrated versions of Mr Dowson's wonder dll's.Regards,Carl
Carl,You'd be better posting in Pete Dowson's forum with WideClient issues. http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Carl,You'd be better posting in Pete Dowson's forum with WideClient issues. http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54
Hi,I have done so, and communicate about possible technical solutions there. What I'm looking for here and in other fora is if anyone at all has a setup like mine and have any success or not. My thought was that by putting this question in multiple fora there would be better chances to find out.Regards,Carl

Hi,I have done so, and communicate about possible technical solutions there. What I'm looking for here and in other fora is if anyone at all has a setup like mine and have any success or not. My thought was that by putting this question in multiple fora there would be better chances to find out.Regards,Carl
Are you still have trouble Carl, or did you get it working?I ask as I too have just switched my main PC to Windows 7 64 bit, but the client PC where I install RC is XP-Pro 32bit.It seems the biggest problem is getting access to read AND write to any shared folders on the Win7 PC that are OUTSIDE the 'Public' folder.Any help MUCH appreciated.Thanks

Are you still have trouble Carl, or did you get it working?I ask as I too have just switched my main PC to Windows 7 64 bit, but the client PC where I install RC is XP-Pro 32bit.It seems the biggest problem is getting access to read AND write to any shared folders on the Win7 PC that are OUTSIDE the 'Public' folder.Any help MUCH appreciated.Thanks
Make sure you have a user called "Everyone" listed in the permissions for the shared folder. I do not remember which folders RC requires to have write permissions. If you have a user listed as "Everyone", both under the Advanced File Sharing window, and the simple File Sharing window, then you will be fine.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/