Sign in to follow this  
Guest soul

should i get pmdg 747

Guest soul

hi iv been wondering for some time now if i should go and buy pmdg 747 version. the only thing holding me back is my systemGPU : nvidea 8800gtsCPU : AMD 64 4000 + over clocked 2.5 ghz < i thinknot much else needed to know right ?soul

hi iv been wondering for some time now if i should go and buy pmdg 747 version. the only thing holding me back is my systemGPU : nvidea 8800gtsCPU : AMD 64 4000 + over clocked 2.5 ghz < i thinknot much else needed to know right ?soul
The forum rules state that you must sign your posts with your full name. Take a look at the PMDG products page for the minimum specifications. I think your good for FS9, but not heavy enough for the FSX version.

Guest Major Pilot

What ram are you running and OS?I have a Q6600 Quadcore 2.4, 3 gigs of ram, vista ultimate, and a Nvidia 8800GTX. FSX with sliders up at the high end (no ai) i get 15 in VC and 25+ external over land and water. So you should be FS9 ok but your milage may vary.Mike Vivaldi

Guest Heavy_Driver

Be careful; the 744 is not as FPS friendly as the MD-11, I have both and the MD-11, which apparently uses alot of code written outside of FSX, gets much better FPS. Get the MD-11 before the 744 if FPS worry you.

I have the AMD 4000 and 78000GS (512 ram) 2gb of memory.I use both the 747 and the MD11 .They both run well although the MD11 is faster.I just adjust the scenery levels to suit with no other add-ons. David