Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Hide the title bar in windowed mode

Does someone know if there is a way to hide the title bar when running FSX in windowed mode? I know you can hide the menu bar but if possible I would also like to hide the title bar since that spoils a bit of the experience and that is the only thing left after hiding the menu bar and setting the task bar to auto-hide. I've used to run FSX in full-screen mode but after having problems with that I thought I would try running in windowed mode instead for a while.Thanks in advance!

Richard Åsberg

Does someone know if there is a way to hide the title bar when running FSX in windowed mode? I know you can hide the menu bar but if possible I would also like to hide the title bar since that spoils a bit of the experience and that is the only thing left after hiding the menu bar and setting the task bar to auto-hide. I've used to run FSX in full-screen mode but after having problems with that I thought I would try running in windowed mode instead for a while.Thanks in advance!
You might have to look for a Windows tweak for that one.

I have no experience with FSX- But in FS9, I have changed Title Bar colour to black with dark green letters. In addition, Task and Menu Bars are Auto Hidden AND the Desktop background colour is set also to black. [all via Control Panel/Display/Appearance]The resulting Window mode appearance is difficult to distinguish from Full Screen. I suppose you could use black lettering on black Title Bars to really make them disappear!Alex ReidWindow mode- Extreme KingAir turning final for CYYJ R09 (Note also SW Panel popup title bar- lower left monitor & a portion of black desktop)

I've reduced the size of the text in Windows on the Bar and then I shift the whole window up so the bar is above the top of the screen, then I pull down the bottom of the window.

Thanks for your input and tips, I guess there isn't any easy way to really hide the title bar and I also did some searching for a tweak that would do it but only found lots of different hide window and "Boss-key"-programs :( Tried to move the window up to get the title bar off the monitor but when I did my whole screen turned into a strange blue color until I moved it back down again...hmm...Guess I'll just have to learn to live with it!

Richard Åsberg

Guest Werd

HiIf you have XP you can try to use a really compact visual style. Here you will find a ton of them http://www.deviantart.com/#catpath=customi...yle&order=9I remember there is one visual style that has really thin window bars, only few pixels, dont remember the name though.If you cant install themes google "uxtheme patcher"Hope this helpsAlex

You might take a look at this -http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=126076It works in FS2004 - but not tested in FSX. You cannot remove the title bar (as far as I know) but you can remove (or edit) the text in it and that does help a great deal.

You might take a look at this -http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=126076It works in FS2004 - but not tested in FSX. You cannot remove the title bar (as far as I know) but you can remove (or edit) the text in it and that does help a great deal.
Tried the utility and managed to get rid of the text in the title bar which was a major improvement despite the title bar still beeing there, thanks for the tip David!

Richard Åsberg