Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

PMDG 737 vs Ariane 737 (Model Shape...Nose)????

Hello all!I am considering purchasing the new PMDG 737 but was wondering about the model shape. I have seen screenshots of the aircraft but the nose looks off IMO....of course it could be the angle of the shots! TThe Ariane model looks to be pretty darn close to reality and since I have that one it is a lot easier to compare to the model shape.So, for those of you that have both models which one is more accurate externally?? I am MOST concerned about the nose shape since obviously the 737s from Ariane and the 737s from PMDG are different aircraft...but as far as I know the noses on the 737 series never really changed.PLEASE, post your observations AND if possible, can somebody PLEASE post a few side shots of the PMDG model in the screenshot forum??Thanks to all who respond!!:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest A321

I own nearly all the Ariane stuff, and I own the PMDG as well. I am no expert on what the planes nose looks like, but IMHO it looks fine to me. I doubt they would release it, if it was wrong, as it was mentioned so many times in their fourm. Also The plane fly's great, and I think this is most important IMHO.Now If you hold out for the other 737NG by ariane, you had better be rich, because I doubt you will get free liverys, Id be worried as their is no support or fourm, and you will pay a hefty price for the previlage. I bought their 737-500 and found out that if i want it in a new livery again I have to buy the base package, again which costs

Thanks for the response.Yes, I agree that the price for the Ariane liveries is a little ridiculous. I currently own the -300 and -400 models from the and a few repaints. Add in the fact that there is no custom panel, no sounds, and no vc and it kind of makes you wonder what exactly you are paying for, LOL!Do you think it would be possible to post some side view shots of the PMDG 737s in the screenshot forum for me so I can take a look at the nose, I would really appreciate it!!?????Thanks!

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Tom EverittAFG

Hi Shane, As someone who spends alot of time around the real thing, to my eyes the Ariane model wins in the looks department. The PMDG model seems too 'pinched' at the nose and too fat around the APU. I'm assuming that the Ariane NGs will be the same at the BBJ but with all the BBJ specific parts removed. TomAFG.

Thanks for the response Tom!!The visual accuracy is really important to me since I am really into screenshots (although I don't post many).Thanks again!

Ark

Guest Toni Rauch

Go to www.precisionmanuals.com where you'll find loads of 737 screenshots.To my eyes, the PMDG nose looks fine and if you're mainly into screenshots and repaints, the PMDG will save you a lot of money due to the free liveries policy they have. (Each Ariane repaint of their 500 for example will cost you

>Hi Shane, >>As someone who spends alot of time around the real thing, to>my eyes the Ariane model wins in the looks department. The>PMDG model seems too 'pinched' at the nose and too fat around>the APU. I'm assuming that the Ariane NGs will be the same at>the BBJ but with all the BBJ specific parts removed. >>Tom>AFG.i agree, the Ariane model wins. PMDG did a nice job but there are some minor unaccurate thngs like the nose shape.but honestly, except me probably, who cares about the nose shap and other details that are wrong or missing. most of the people just like to fly. in regards to the sound, the FFX sound wins. the one from PMDG i don't know from where they got it, but it is not the one from a 737-700 with CFM56-7B27. might be recorded from an older one ;) i own both of them, PMDG has so far the best panel. Ariane owns the best model and FFX the best sound. you can actually put it toghether. the PMDG panel rocks inside the Ariane 737-BBJ. all the flaws that the panel has have nothing to do with the model. ;)the panel works great on the FFX 737NG's too :D no merges needed at all! great job in this area from PMDGonce PMDG has fixed the panel stuff you'll have a great combination.

geez...noone mentioned yet which designers 737 has the better flight dynamics?we know the modeling, the sounds, and the panel...but now whats the opinion on that "feeling of flight" and getting close to the real world numbers as well?Dave

PMDG wins in the flight model department, they just need to get that memory leak fixed in the panel. Bad framerates destroys an awesome flight model (what sucks is I have a new Dell 8300 2.6gig processor with an ATI Radeon9700pro video card)...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

What FFX 737NG sounds are you talking about??? I've searched the Avsim file library back and forth and can't seem to find any sounds produced by FFX...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

ok well then that complicates things a tad...meaning you would need to use the base ariane model with the PMDG air file and cfg and panel...the ffx sounds can simply be aliased of course....hmm, seems that we WILL need a merge process.BTW- i was very dissapointed to hear that the pmdg fmc cannot import any flightplans right now, and in the future there are no plans to make it import an fs2002/fs2004 plan (it will only import an fsbuild plan in the future)...i dunno who made this design decision but it was in poor judgement. Its forcing you to use fsbuild if you wanna fly their plane...you should be able to import an fs2002/2004 plan so you can use whatever planner you wish. This alone will stop me from buying the plane until this necessary feature can be implemented. Plus ill wait a few months to let them patch it all up and get it ready for primetime...maybe by the time the BBJ version or 800/900 series releases.Dave

Guest cw1011

My recomendation is based purely on my interactions with PMDG - the first add-on I ever purchased was their 757 for Fly2K.They are dedicated, responsive and have a great sense of humor. You can't say that about Ariane. Colin

Guest amerton

Hi Dave, I'm just visiting !Not totally accurate :- not true there are no plans. I responded in the forum about release day...- FSBuild 1.4 will (out VERY soon) support the NG as well as the 2.01.- 1.4 is FREEWARE- I made the decision (but see above)- exactly, the 800-900 will support FS FPs- patch (but not addressing the FP import) will be release WAY before "months"Cheers,anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest amerton

> have a great sense of humorThat's right : I forgot to mention in my above post that we can import or own-FMC-generated flight plans !:-)anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com