Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

PMDG 737 vs Ariane 737 (Model Shape...Nose)????

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, I own most of the Ariane aircraft, including the new 500, and have always been pleased with the product.On the subject of PMDG, I looked at the screen shots, thought it was OK, but since I had the Ariane aircraft, wasn't too impressed. Now, here is where it gets interesting -- I have a friend, who is most mature, educated and holds a very high security job with our government. He is an adult and takes his flight simming very serious.He is also, one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure to be associated with. He did not like the PMDG offering, and found it to be 'just not his piece of cake'. He very pleasantly asked for a refund . . . very polite and business like, which is his nature. And boy, you should have seen the reply from PMDG. I have read all the exchanged e mails and was quite surprised that someone who 'supposedly' can build a good product, and is in business to serve customers, could be so abusive and sophomoric in their reply to a customer. That in itself would restrain me from buying any of their products.If I didn't know this individual, and hadn't read all the e mail replies, then I would have just taken it as sour grapes, but boy, this guy Robert Randazzo from PMDG sure doesn't have a acceptable bedside attitude . . . and in my opinion, customer service is every bit as important as product in the FS addon world. Espicially at the price that some of the addon makers charge.I know that from time to time, others including Ariane and Captain Sim have taken shots for customer service . . . and I usually let my personal experiences guide me in that area, but I have never seen or read any reply from any manufacturer that was as insulting as the one my friend got from PMDG. So, here's hopeing that this Robert was just having a bad day and does not treat ALL of his customers in the way he addressed my friend -- because, if he does, this forum thread will get very long. Best to All and Happy 4th of July.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

PMDG are not the only ones that can get in a bad mood regarding refunds these days.....Unfortunately, it comes down to buying, trying them out for a few days, then deciding it's not "their cup of tea", or "piece of cake" as you say. Or more like, it takes too much bookwork to fly this thing, or quick boredom & on to something else.If customer service "cheerfully" refunds the purchase price for the above reasons, then you could probably kiss about 50% of the sales "goodby"! There are just too many "fly um" and don't really "like um" flyers in this community, and it's off to download the next project. Therefore you need to understand that developers & their customer service gets a bit on the "ragged" side once & a while.......... or even more!!L.Adamson

Dear Clayton-I wonder what made you post in this forum. Yes, we monitor it, but it's hardly the place for such allegations. In fact, I have seen you post various items in our own PMDG forum, so I am left to wonder why this didn't come to us directly...What makes you feel that you should "tell everyone" about Robert Randazzo's attitude in the MSFS forum when you don't even NAME the "other party" - who remains anonymous as "I have a friend"?I am not asking administrators or forum moderators to delete your post, simply because we have nothing to fear - we're always interested for the truth to shine.Should you want to continue this discussion, I would respectfully ask you to either email us directly, or at least post in our forum, where Robert might have a chance to reply (or at least READ it) - our priority right now lies with our customers, so if we don't take the time to answer immediately, I am sure you'll understand.Respectfully,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest JDiaz

I mean c'monSome people really do have some strange chemical addictions How can you post something about PMDG in a general forum without giving PMDG the chance to respond to your allegations? And who is this nameless friend of yours? Is Mariah Carey buying from PMDG and you want to keep her identity hidden??I'm not taking sides in this little misunderstanding but what I can say from personal experience is that PMDG has given me speedy friendly service and answered all my questions and more then that given me a great product. Is the nose shape 100% correct? Who knows, this is a computer simulation!! Nothing in any model will ever be perfect, I can think of QUITE a few issues with the Ariane model off the bat. In terms of who gives a better overall NG package? PMDG hands down....panel, sound, accurate flight model, visual model, virtual cockpit, virtual cabin...At the end of the day it comes down to whatever floats your boat but if you're gonna attack a company you might wanna do it in their own forum not in another one thinking they won't notice what you're ranting about, no offense.JasonP.S. In response to an earlier post..As an American Airlines flight attendant I work quite often on our 737-800 aircraft and I can assure you that the sound package for this plane is one of the best features, it's dead on and crips and clear, just like the FFX sound package.

Guest nick6440

HiI normally visit forums just read and not post messages, I find them an excellent place for information. I've waited a long time for a decent 737, an aircraft which I felt a lot of our freeware and payware developers have ignored since Dreamfleet. I was tempted to purchase Ariane's 737 but because of the information I read on the forums I decided that it would be in bad taste to support that type of organization. I recently purchased the PMDG737 and with the support and quick response of their support team I was up and flying in a couple hrs. I found the visual model and fde to be excellent, it has just about everything I have always wanted in an aircraft addon.I feel confident that this is going to be the frontrunner as far as a 737 is concern after they get all the bugs worked out. Nicasio R. Sayles SSgt.USAF Hon. Discharge P.S. I think this plane will put a big dent in Ariane's pocket.

For me Shane the PMDG model wins big :-) really love it as for the sounds the best I'v heard virtual as for the panel when the few bugs will be addressed they set a new benchmark :-)I'll own both of course look at the link below for some screenies :-)http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=62479&page=Air holland livery = ArianneTransavia livery = PMDGReally love all the detail from PMDG it gives me the most realistic feeling :-)Bottom line just have fun :-)Andr

André

Like I said in another post somewhere, some people could stand on Boeing's bloody factory floor at Renton and state, "Hey gents, that nose don't look quite right, would you mind re-doing it?"

Eric 

Guest CharlesH

Well, my experience with PMDG is just the opposite from your freinds. I was having a problem with their new product, I emailed them, got a response, which solved my problem. Robert took the time to email me with assistance. I don't know what happened to your friends exchange with him, but I can tell you that I personally think that perhaps he may be having a bad day. Everyone has them. Don't restrain your self from purchasing just because of one bad email exchange. Robert has been nothing but professional to me and from the emails that I have read he has been professional with everyone else. You also have to keep in mind that some people who post some emails are not professional either. I am sure that he has read every email had has been somewhat abused himself by some posters. So, there is always two sides to the story. Customer service is just great, where in the FS world do you get 10 days to try a product out? If you don't like it, you don't have to purchase it. Quite simple. Registration process with their products worked, athough I am no fan of it, it worked. I cannot say the same for Capt Sim myself as their registration was for me quite hard. I am sure that if your freind emailed Robert privately the matter could and would be resolved. Let's move on and give Robert a break. Charles

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Sir,Let's get this straight from the start -- I have no agenda, I posted in this forum because it A. mentioned Ariane, which I like their product and B. PMDG was the other side of the topic and my friend had just sent me an e mail with all which transpired. And, Sir, if you have someone on your staff who refers to customers as: "You strike me as the kind of petty, vindictive, angry, insignificant squirm that takes up far more time than they are worth."(That was a direct quote from Robert, which I did not put in the original post), then you need to take a serious look at your customer relations and how you handle them. Now, anyone who knows me around AVSIM and is telling the truth, knows that I am fair, honest, and haven't been a liar for 56 years, so this isn't the time to start. I just call them as I see them . . . and in this case, well,you people are dead wrong. And, in my friends current financial situation, he makes more than enough money to afford ANY addon his little heart desires . . . for him, it was a matter of principal.As for posting in your forum, I don't believe I have ever done so --- as the first time I even read about your outfit is when you released the 737. I don't go around slamming software makers as a hobby, and you sir, if you would like a private reply, then you should have sent me one via my e mail address, which is ususlly posted at the bottom of any post I submit.What made me feel that I should tell everyone about Robert's e mails to my friend? (and believe me, you know he is real, because Robert got a most heated reply from him on the 'squirm' issue) is that I know this individual, and also know how honorable he is, and what a fine individual he is. . . and I read his very simple polite, and factual request . . . and did not deserve a reply as he got. In this world, if you are doing business with the public, taking the public's money and providing a service, and you 'screw the pooch' as Robert did with his immature response, then you deserve the bad press.And as for naming the other party, I have sent him an e mail, and asked if I can use his name . . . of which, at that time, I will post it when I get his permission. As stated, I have no agenda, however, should you insist on calling me a liar, and trashing my good name, well, (you can ask a few people around here who HAVE posted in this very thread), I can develope one very quickly. The truth shall set you free, Sir!Best to all,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)'Drac'B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest B52Drivr

Eric,Just so everyone understands my position . . . I have not said one word about the product . . . It looked nice to me, however, since I have the Ariane units, I wasn't in a rush to buy from PMDG . . .and that was it. I had no opinions one way or the other.My response to this whole issue was strictly the terrible e mail my friend recieved in return for his asking for a refund. I am sure it is a great product, however it didn't suit my friends needs or expectations, hence, he asked for a refund. NOT AN UNUSUAL REQUEST IN THIS TYPE OF BUSINESS.Having been in business several times myself, I know that customer service is every bit as important as the product itself. And, when others customer service has been bad, I have said as much. I love the Capt Sim 727, even with its faults . . .but slapped Alex's wrist for some most stupid errors in the unit, and the terrible time lag in issuing patches for them. Having said that, they finally got their act together and I am happy with that product, and have said so many times. Again, I just call them as I see them . . .I have no agenda.Personally, I hope this sheds some light on the issue, and everyone in this world makes mistakes and has a bad day, but when you are in business, a bad day means you deal with it . . .like a professional.Best to everyone, happy holiday.Clayton T.DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)'Drac'B52Drivr@aol.com

>Like I said in another post somewhere, some people could>stand on Boeing's bloody factory floor at Renton and state,>"Hey gents, that nose don't look quite right, would you mind>re-doing it?" B777ER, I certainly would stand on thier factory floor and question the nose.....If I was paying for it!LOL:)BTW, excellent pics Andre..VERY NICE!!!With regards to B52Drivr, in the past his posts always seem to be straight and to the point. He was simply commenting on an experience his friend had with PMDG......not unlike what many around here did with Ariane. If his acquaintance had a poor experience then I certainly don't have a probelm with him sharing it. Besides that, I appreciate blatant honesty and always prefer the "no spin" view on things. Thanks B52Drivr.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest WorkingStiff

All the usual suspects are here. :-)Whenever the word Ariane is mentioned I can guarantee certain individuals will show up in the thread.

Guest B52Drivr

Thanks,I'm glad someone does appreciate honesty . . . I'm too old a dog to do it any other way.On a related issue, I have recieved a letter from Mike Toussaint, (the injured party), and he now states that he has been contacted by PMDG again, (this time by another individual), and an apology given and at least satisfied to let the ugly comments go as just a mistake in judgment. That is the kind of guy Mike is . . .and he has been, and will be my friend until hell freezes over. He is one class act.So, if he is happy now, then I have no complaint and let the world continue to revolve. . And in truth, I didn't have any issue with PMDG other than the comments made to him via e mail when he wanted a refund.Saying that, again, he is happy, so I have no further beef, however, I would stand up and do the same for ANY of my friends if they received the same type treatment from any vendor. I am also fair enough to say, "the problem has been corrected, and everyone is happy so it is end of story'.Again, happy holidays to everyone and let's get back to flying.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)'Drac'B52Drivr@aol.com