Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

JS41 and frame rates

I have the JS41 and the MD11 installed for FSX and windows 7. With the MD11 I get 24fps at the gate but with the JS41, I only get 14 fps, with all things equal.Any particular reason for this or is it just a peculiarity of my computer set-up.ThanksRenzo

Bill Miller

I bet the 14 fps rate is fluid and free of stutters or jerkiness. Framerate in FSX is overemphasized in my opinion, as long as the video is smooth I am happy.You can play with the configuration manager, try slowing down the EFIS displays for example or even trying the low resolution panels. Most of us couldn't see any degradation in the model during testing and some reported minor but significant changes in framerate.Please sign your name, Renzo.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest nordicskies

I found that setting the gauges to 'normal' in the config manager (instead of 'high') added over 50% to y frame rates and the 'normal' gauges are still on a par with most other gauges anyway, they perfectly usable! Also reduce the F/O EHSI and EADI refresh rates.I am getting slightly better FPS in the J41 than the MD-11 now, after above. (Still excellent)Magne