Sign in to follow this  
Guest icebreaker09

PMDG MD11 Fuel Management

Guest icebreaker09
Morning all,Would anyone know how to manage the fuel load for this A/C - It doesn't seem to load with the load manager - do we have to work it all out ourselves and fill up from the menu shortcuts ! What is the fuel range, how many Nmpg does it do & also how do we spread the load and what is the max capacity of the tanks,Thanks for any forthcoming help,Frederick Brown

I'm not an expert on this, but part of it depends on the CI you enter. Because gas is free in FS, I tend to use a very high (100+) CI, which I usually work out to 20K for the first hour and 15K for each later hour.

Guest icebreaker09
I'm not an expert on this, but part of it depends on the CI you enter. Because gas is free in FS, I tend to use a very high (100+) CI, which I usually work out to 20K for the first hour and 15K for each later hour.
Thanks, I usually put in around 80 - but I'll give your ideas a whirl and see if it comes up, Cheers, Frederick Brown

The load manager works fine, but you have to save the config and run it prior to starting FSX.

Guest icebreaker09
The load manager works fine, but you have to save the config and run it prior to starting FSX.
I do hit the save button - but I thought that it (load Manager) ran on start up of the panel ? are you saying that I should run the load manager before starting the panel up ! I should point out that I am using the FS9 version & I have Vista 64 bit also, Hope this helps :)

I do hit the save button - but I thought that it (load Manager) ran on start up of the panel ? are you saying that I should run the load manager before starting the panel up ! I should point out that I am using the FS9 version & I have Vista 64 bit also,Hope this helps :)
I can't speak for FS9, but the MD11 has a the ability to change the weights, etc., while FSX is already running. Also remember that fuel is not set that way. You have to set the fuel via the FMC or the drop down menu.

In FS9, the fuel will be saved for a new flight; however, if you are loading a saved flight then the fuel saved with the flight is what you get.

Dan Downs KCRP

I do hit the save button - but I thought that it (load Manager) ran on start up of the panel ? are you saying that I should run the load manager before starting the panel up ! I should point out that I am using the FS9 version & I have Vista 64 bit also, Hope this helps :)
To clarify a bit... :(- If your using the load manager, the new load manager config needs to be saved prior to loading the MD11. - If you select a saved flight once your in FS, the load manager config will be over written by the saved flight config. - If you use the PMDG menu option to change fuel once the MD11 has been loaded, the fuel can be changed real-time.

Guest Heavy_Driver

Get TOPCAT; best darn add-on I ever bought for FSX.