Sign in to follow this  
gerbress

PMDG 747-400X Save Panel State Menu

I have MS-Vista-Sp2, MSFSX-Sp2 and PMDG 747-400X.I use the MSFS FLIGHT/SAVE menu for saving a flight or scenario. Then I use the PMDG Save Panel State for saving for the state of the panel. Then I get an error Cannot Create File as shown. Can you help me? Thank you.PMDG-save.jpg

Could be a security issue with your directories. Make sure your running the program as an Administrator.

Could be a security issue with your directories. Make sure your running the program as an Administrator.
I have FSX with SP1 and PMDG 747-400X again and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop down menu installed, but without success Greetings Gerbress

Hmmm, try assigning admin rights to the pmdg directory and subdirectory.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hmmm, try assigning admin rights to the pmdg directory and subdirectory.
All right, just install under administrator is not enough. Right click on the FSX.exe and tick run as administrator. Greeting Gerbress. Thanks!

I had the same problem with Windows 7.  Saved games also failed to load with panel states.  The solution was to open windows explorer, right click on my FSX installation folder  [c:program files (x86)/microsoft games/microsoft flight simulator x]  and open properties to the security tab.  Here I changed the permissions to full control for everyone (meaning me).  Cheers from David (djlassmann).