Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

How to remove the "Door opening" message?

Guest melevine

Is it possible to remove the door opening message that pops up on the screen when you hit Shift + E?Regards,Mike

Guest belga1

Hello,This is radical sm15.gif

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Utilities Flight Simulator 2004 Pop-up Message Killer File Description:This is a follow-up to the original Nobrakes.zip FS2004 language.dll file modification and will more extensively eliminate pop-up scroll bar messages. This new .dll mod will now eliminate FS2004 pop-up scroll bar messages including, brakes, parking brake set, wings folding/unfolding, tailhook down/up, main exit opening/closing, crash, building crash, mountain crash, stall, overspeed, simulation paused, instant replay, slew, among others. Please read the file usage warning and installation notes before using. Note: This .dll modification will only work with english language installations of Flight Simulator 2004. Filename: messagekill.zip License: Freeware Added: 3rd October 2004 Downloads: 7846 Author: Julie Rhodes Size: 38kb
Note:I use a french version of FS2004 and I have no probs with this addon.Regards.bye.gifGus.

I believe there's also an option in FSUIPC that you can shut off the scrolling text line.Can't remember if it needs to be registered

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

If you try the "Message Kill" package and find it removes too many messages, please send me a Personal Message (PM) and I will be happy to create an edited file which will remove only the door message.I can customize the file to remove or abbreviate other messages also.

I believe there's also an option in FSUIPC that you can shut off the scrolling text line.Can't remember if it needs to be registered
Hi DavidI would just like to erase the door opening and closing plus brakes and overspeed but I am concerned that it may stop me using TrackIR like before if you remember.............John

Hi DavidI would just like to erase the door opening and closing plus brakes and overspeed but I am concerned that it may stop me using TrackIR like before if you remember.............John
Well all we can do is experiment.Send me a regular e-mail at opaflightsimaddict at verizon dot netand tell me your priorities are - i.e. what is most important to you related to which message(s) are removed. I can make a couple of files for you to try and see if there is any conflict.i.e. one with just the door message removed and another with everything you want removed or abbreviated.In the meantime you can try this if you have not already done so:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=139493It is just the abbreviated messages. Let me know if that works for you.

EMail sent as requested David......John

Guest melevine

Good morning David,I'm the original poster from yesterday. I've been away from my simulator for quite some time and now that my life has settled somewhat am now using it on a regular basis. I used to follow the Avsim forums daily and several years ago added the change (s) that eliminated the "brake" and "overspeed" warning messages. At that time I never was concerned about the "Main Door Opening/Closing" message since I hardly used that command. But, now I am wanting to get rid of them.Like one of the other posters, I do not want to do anything that will interfere with my finely running simulator (running multiple goflight modules, 3 21" monitors with TripleHead2Go and a smaller 4th monitor running the GPS and ATC verbage; and TrackerIR....etc).So.....Would you be able to send me a specific file (and instructions) that will eliminate the door opening/closing message?Mikemelevine190@charter.net

Good morning David,I'm the original poster from yesterday. I've been away from my simulator for quite some time and now that my life has settled somewhat am now using it on a regular basis. I used to follow the Avsim forums daily and several years ago added the change (s) that eliminated the "brake" and "overspeed" warning messages. At that time I never was concerned about the "Main Door Opening/Closing" message since I hardly used that command. But, now I am wanting to get rid of them.Like one of the other posters, I do not want to do anything that will interfere with my finely running simulator (running multiple goflight modules, 3 21" monitors with TripleHead2Go and a smaller 4th monitor running the GPS and ATC verbage; and TrackerIR....etc).So.....Would you be able to send me a specific file (and instructions) that will eliminate the door opening/closing message?Mikemelevine190@charter.net
Done - let me know if it works for you please. :(

Done - let me know if it works for you please. :(
Hi David, I'm new here and would much appreciate your help with the language.dll message killer that not interferes with the TrackIR software. I used to use a language.dll that kills all messages (I love it), but now I can't use it because of that interference wit TrackIR. If you can help me, my e-mail address is: flcbonoldi@hotmail.com Tks in advace and take care!!!Fábio