Hi, captains!I'm using a couple of hardware USB-connected controllers for my FS9.1 sessions.I have: CH yoke, CH pro pedals, CH throttle quadrant and GoFlight GF-46.The problem is my CH pedals keep connecting and disconnecting on their own. The problem has been present for a long time even though I changed both my PC hardware and software.I don't even have to be inside FS (although it does make the problem more frequent). Sometims just being in Windows (idle) I can hear the 'ding-dong' allert of a USB device disconnecting. Some time later 'dong-ding' and its back again. And it is ALWAYS my pedals, not any of the other controllers.I have enough USB ports to have a few spare all the time and always a good power supply (now Xilence 700W).There are days when the pedals do not disconect at all and other days when it happens a few times. I have no idea why.It happens no matter if I have the CH Control manager installed or not and if the pedals are callibrated via MFS or FSUIPC.Unchecking the USB ports power save option in My Computer / Device Mnager did not help.What temporarliy helps is unplugging and plugging back. It works until... the next disconnection. I tried plugging into other USB ports but it doesn't change anything.As for the pedals themselves, once they get self-connected they are working flawlessly.Has anyone faced the problem and, I hope, knows any solution to this?Thanks in advance!FS9.1Windows XP Home SP2 32bitIntel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHzGigabyte EP43-UD3L4GB RAMNvidia GeForce 8800GT

Possible bad connection somewhere, damaged wire, or even an internal problem with the unit. Maybe cleaning the unit out might help. Use electronic cleaner spray for the potentiometer.Check the NULL setting too.

Thanks a lot, McCrashI'll check the wiring as far as I can. I had one problem of that kind (no left brake) but I fixed it.I will use the cleaner spray you suggeseted. If nothing helps, I may think of a new potentiometre.I've seen they are offered as spare parts by CH.

Guest Staggerwing

I had this USB on/off problem on an earlier system, seems the powered hub was overheating etc. took that out and everything was fine. Guess it sounds like you are not using a hub, but bad items plugged in can make USB bing/bong in and out like that.

RafalIt could be a faulty USB controller. If you have set the power option off for ALL USB root Hubs and its still cutting out you could suspect a fault? However, you haven't got any power - off settings for the system/mobo/ monitor etc? For example, make sure system standby etc is set to never. Good luck with that one. PeterH

Hi Rafal,Install the Control Manager. You don't have to use a map and it won't interfere with FSUIPC, etc., but the drivers fix what's an apparent glitch in the Windows HID implementation that shuts them down if they don't move for about 15 or 20 minutes. They are a victim of their own stability. It will also give you a center calibration on the pedals, something that Windows has never done.Try the drivers, if the problem re-occurs, go into the Control Manager GUI like you would for calibration. There's a button labelled "rescan" there that should bring it back online.Set a manual System Restore Point first, that way you can uninstall and get back to where you are now if you need to. If you do uninstall the Control Manager, be sure to go through the Control Panel "Add/Remove Programs" option ("Programs and Features" in Vista, I don't know what they're calling it in Win 7.Hope this helps!Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Hey, Captains!I can see a lot of valuable advice here. Big thanks to you all, gentlemen.I'm a bit busy these days but I'm going to try all those solutions and most probably will get the problem solved.I have already installed the latest CH manager and rescanned for the devices.Since yesterday my pedals have not disconnected (at least till now).Thanks again and I'll let you know how things go. Maybe someone else will learn something on my case.

Hey, Captains!I can see a lot of valuable advice here. Big thanks to you all, gentlemen.I'm a bit busy these days but I'm going to try all those solutions and most probably will get the problem solved.I have already installed the latest CH manager and rescanned for the devices.Since yesterday my pedals have not disconnected (at least till now).Thanks again and I'll let you know how things go. Maybe someone else will learn something on my case.
Something else I had thought of is whether the USB port(s) have enough voltage.