Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Not really that promissing... the new helo in fs2004....

Guest jcomm

I do not make - yet... - the slightest idea about how it is with the other aircraft, but the following comment found at one of AVSIM's forums isn't really what I should call a compliment to fs2004 flight-model-wise, as I should have expected ...>Flight model: I haven't done more than initial flight>testing, but the fun factor of hovering this helicopter is>one of the highest of any FS helicopter.>Pedal movement is not really required. Whow!!! What a realistic feel it must have !!!! Great!!!>In a zero wind,>neutral pedal lift off, the helicopter only begins to yaw>left very slowly.And does it even require the engine to be working? That would add an additional feel of reality to an already perfect flight simulation evironment!!!!>Normal flight maneuvers are pretty much accurate, except for>a few details.Yes... like about 99% of the details that make up the feel of the helo flightmodel in MSFS... Sorry for being so negative, but what worries me the most is how the proof of a highly unrealistic flightmodel response to control inputs can be mistakenly considered as some sort of improvement in the quality of this line of simulators... On the other hand this is certainly what MS and the MSFS team expects from their customers - a poor/biased notion of reality. Only such a basis can support the "As Real as it Gets" statement...

Guest kyle

With no disrespect intended... Of course, you are entitled to your opinion without having flown FS2004 and you are equally entitled to your opinion after you have flown it.Each person that flies FS2004 flies it for their reasons/enjoyment. What might be important to you may not be important to them. They may view something totally different and opposite then you. This is after all, human nature.Personally, I feel any opinions based on others interpretations of FS2004 without you, yourself viewing/flying it, is based totally out of context therefore.My 5 year old just started eating chocalate ice cream after we tried to convince him for 2 years that it was really really yummy!! But based on his older brother's dislike for it - he would have nothing to do with it. Three weeks ago, he finally bit and tried it. Well, guess what... our grocery bill has now gone up about $20 because of the added tubs of you know what we now have to purchase. Side note - little does he know, we now have another item in our bribery list ;-)I think FS2004 is awesome. To me, it is a big step-up from FS2002 in many ways. I love flying the Robbie myself - I find it harder to fly then the Bell so for me (and only me), this is a challenge.Cheers!

Howdy:for a level-headed and detailed discussion about the FS2004 chopper flight models, got to www.hovercontrol.com > Message Forums > General Disucssion; the main thread is called "FS2004" but there are a few others that discuss specific aspects as well.Cheers, Holger

Hey Kyle....just wanted to comment that yours was a very well written response..... And having a three year old, I can relate :)-John

Guest jordan

I saw the same post, and was dissapointed as well. However, I have seen other posts that stated almost the opposite. Like with FS2002, I'm sure there are many factors involved, so I wouldn't let too much ride on someone's 5 minute high-level experience with the sim. I'll have to fly it for myself to know for sure.When I switched from FS2000 to FS2002, it took me almost 3 days to get it situated the way I wanted it. I'm sure FS2004 will also require some finessing to produce satisfactory results for each serious user.

Guest jcomm

I agree that I should try first before commenting, so, that's what I am going to do: wait for fs2004, test, comment;-)