Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

PMDG JS41

Guest lgvpilot1
How, oh how can we get PMDG to make a version of the JS41 for FS9? :( :( :(
Never going to happen B) Mark

Nope...never gunna happen. Don't know why they produced it for FSX only...thats 1/2 the market. Why not appeal to the whole market? :(

Danny

Bummer. I have occasionally thought of getting FSX for a few specific reasons.. hummm.. maybe with just a few MORE good reasons I will.

Nope...never gunna happen. Don't know why they produced it for FSX only...thats 1/2 the market. Why not appeal to the whole market? :(
Because you are wrong. That is why.The poll by AVSIM does not represent PMDG's current paying customer base, nor does it represent the current number of FS9 or FSX users as of today, or even as of the J41 release. In fact it doesn't represent the number of FS9 or FSX users when the poll took place! They are doing what is economical for them, so they can continue to make addons in the future. Simple as that.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I think that if PMDG thought that it would be profitable for them to do this, they would. The fact that they will not do so seems to me to be simply a business decision on their part. And I can't really argue with that.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I think that if PMDG thought that it would be profitable for them to do this, they would. The fact that they will not do so seems to me to be simply a business decision on their part. And I can't really argue with that.
However, they still think it is profitable to make the upcomming 737NGX series for both FS9 and FSX. And I think that the NGX is a far more complex title than the JS41. :(

Staffan

However, they still think it is profitable to make the upcomming 737NGX series for both FS9 and FSX. And I think that the NGX is a far more complex title than the JS41. :(
StaffanNo offence, but that's not strictly correct. In a recent post in the PMDG forum Robert stated that they haven't yet made a final decision about the NGX for FS9 and that they would review the market situation some time in the future. As a point of discussion (just me here, nothing said by PMDG) if they considered that sales of an NGK would be much higher than a JS41 that may indeed lead to an NGX for FS9, but not a JS41.Best regards.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I'd hazard a guess the 737 because of sheer popularity alone would sellquite well for FS9.OTOH I would understand if they do not release the 737NGX for FS9.It always was and will be cost vs returns,and if the cost developing for FS9outweighs the returns the only sensible decision is to not develop for FS9 any longer. It'd be a huge disappointment for me personally,but there's a myriad of other addons still being made for it,so some developer'd get my money,anyway.And PMDG will be alive waiting for the moment I get a new system and have theurge to install FSX again.JP.

From what I understand, there are technologies in play on the JS4100 that simply can't be implemented in FS9... so basically, if they DID create an FS9 version, then it would be substantially less functional than the FSX version.I must say, though, that I am TOTALLY happy with the FSX version! It performs flawlessy in FSX and it doesn't hit my frame-rate at all! It's smooth as silk and an absolute joy to fly!Incidentally, I run both FS9 and FSX (separate systems for each, though) and if there is an add-on that has both an FS9 and FSX version, I get both versions! It allows me to have the best of ALL worlds... but frankly, I don't think the JS4100 would be anywhere near as good in FS9 as it is in FSX - there are just too many aspects of it that are FSX native and it would lose A LOT of its luster in FS9.Being completely honest, though... if PMDG does create an FS9 version of the 737NG, it won't be anywhere NEAR as good as the FSX version will be - it will simply be a dumbed-down version... I will buy both both versions, however... but I can probably say with confidence that I will fly it more in FSX than I would in FS9.-Alex

Guest jonthedoors

Too many FSX exclusive features. It'd be almost impossible to port it over.

Too many FSX exclusive features. It'd be almost impossible to port it over.
and what would those be? eye candy or actual function? can the engine simulation not be done in FS9? is the flight model not usable in FS9? or is it issues of the 3D 'eye candy' in the panel and airframe?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

and what would those be? eye candy or actual function? can the engine simulation not be done in FS9? is the flight model not usable in FS9? or is it issues of the 3D 'eye candy' in the panel and airframe?--
I would guess just eye candy! As I understand systems can be better simulated in FS9 (correct me if I'm wrong).Wolfgang

I would guess just eye candy! As I understand systems can be better simulated in FS9 (correct me if I'm wrong).Wolfgang
You are correct in everything you say. :(FSX has not added anything new when it comes to system simulation. One very clear example is that they didn

Staffan

well i cant run FSX with the Js41 so i probly will need to upgrade my PC to cope with that before I got to FSX full time. Mean while I can use the MD11 in FS9 just fine and its stable and i never get less than 20 FPS. In FSX the JS41 keeps crashing and i barely get 10 FPS when it does run. PS the crashing is nothing to do with the JS41 as all aircraft in FSX crash to desktop at random.So its FS9 all the way for me for now. Maybe I will try it again when I get Windows 7 hehe. Infact now i think about it I may just look for a new PC lol. This one has seen better days.