Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

Problems autolanding with 3rd party aircraft.

With the stock aircraft, I have absolutely no problem using the autoland feature, but for some reason, when i use it with my meljet or posky aircraft, the plane ends landing waaaaay before the start of the runway, and this happens all the time.I am using all the stock things that come with the plane (from the meljet and posky websites).Can anyone help?Thanks.regards,Bob

Guest jason2112

I did not know any of the stock aircraft had an autopilot capable of autolandings ... ;)VOlker :]

If you have FS2002 and FSUIPC installed, I have a standalone freeware program that will allow almost any aircraft to Autoland. Look for "Autoland 2002" in the file library. I'm afraid I have no plans on updating it for FS2004, since FSUIPC is going through changes and I don't have time to manage a more structured relationship with another party, and support Autoland 2002. If Russ's FSConnect can ever read/write to all the variables I employ with Autoland 2002, I may give it another look.....-JohnI should note, for anyone who has ever used Autoland 2002, that I made a mistake in the original packaging and left out the .wav files that trigger sounds when Autoland 2002 is engaging and disengaging. But anyone with Autoland 2001 can copy those same files into the Autoland 2002 folder, and you'll hear the sounds.

sorry, i wasn't very clear.when i say autoland, i actually mean the approach on the ILS. I say autoland, becuase if i leave the atuopilot on, the plane lands itself, no flare but it lands!Is this a known problem? I have heard of other using autopilot approahes with meljet planes, and was wondering how it was done?regards,bob.

Guest jason2112

The autopilot ILS coupling in FS2002 has serious issues, even with the default planes. Several people reported that this has been fixed in FS2004.Maybe anybody else can offer some help in the meantime!VOlker :]

Guest nitram

Buy 'Ready for Pushback' 747-200.The Autoland on this baby really works!

Guest A321

PMDG's 737NG, has an AutoLand to behold, I shot a long Approach into Malaga, with a 15kt Cross Wind, and AirFile Pro decided it would induce some nasty Wake, and she, corrected perfectly, and flared with the most amazing grace, for a perfect centre line ILS landing.Touch Down speed of 136kts, full PAX load-out, about 15% fuel left.:-beerchug Jason