Sign in to follow this  
maca11

FS2004 and performance

Dear all,I know that it will be very simplified question and many other forums and topics, researches e.t.c are related to that in big detail.However, I need to start somewhere, maybe some experienced guys can help me.I have relatively good notebook - Acer Aspire 8940G (4CPU)4GB RAMNVIDIA GEFORECE GT240M 1024MSo technically I think quite good.Regarding frame rates no big problems, only on Heathrow2000 airport with many AI traffic in some views it is getting very low FRS 3-4 only, (whilst in the same airport and time if I make a view aside, it gets immediately back to cca 20 FRS)If I check performance monitor of computer, CPU usage is on level cca 20%, RAM usage on cca 50%. Disk after a while gets very low also.Even if I am not moving my plane, FRS stays constant on 3-4, max. FRS. What is the problem ? Where to start ?With CPU, RAM, graphic card ? Where to move further ? Is it somehow a limitation of FS2004 ?Any experience or recommendation would help !many thanks !JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Guest belga1

Hello,Acer Aspire 8940G Quad cores I read somewhere ... but I read also 1.6 GHz worry.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.

If you're using add-ons like major airports, and possibly weather and AI, along with max sliders...on a laptop...your performance seems inline with the norm. Just to compare, at a major add-on airport, with PMDG, and partly cloudy weather...i probably get 20-25 fps...less if overcast, etc. And this is with a pretty decent fs9 rig thats overclocked.

OK, I see. but is there any obvious and way how to improve ?JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Well, the two obvious things are to either lower sliders including AI %, to get a desktop computer. If you want to seriously get into flight sim you should def think about getting a desktop. If you intent on staying with fs9 for a while, as many of are, a fairly good desktop to run it won't cost you too much, esp if you put together the parts yourself.