Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Anyway to recover the PSS Boeing 777's?

Relatively recently I upgraded my systems. I was able to reinstall or copy virtually all of my aircraft with the exception of the "PSSB772RF" and "PSS773ER" along with the "PSSB77704" Panel and Sound folders.I was able to copy my original backup files for all of the other PSS aircraft that I had, "Pss Dash8", "PSSA319", "PSSA320", "PSSA321", "PSS-A340-200", PSS-A340-300", and the "PSSConcorede2004". They all even fly fine in FSX, including the "Airbus IFDG" models.The only exceptions were the PSS Boeing 777's which require a confirmation from the old PSS site which unfortunately died after FSX was released and can no longer be accessed.Does anyone know of any way to recover the PSS 777's after upgrading to a totally new system?Thanks:RTH

Relatively recently I upgraded my systems. I was able to reinstall or copy virtually all of my aircraft with the exception of the "PSSB772RF" and "PSS773ER" along with the "PSSB77704" Panel and Sound folders.I was able to copy my original backup files for all of the other PSS aircraft that I had, "Pss Dash8", "PSSA319", "PSSA320", "PSSA321", "PSS-A340-200", PSS-A340-300", and the "PSSConcorede2004". They all even fly fine in FSX, including the "Airbus IFDG" models.The only exceptions were the PSS Boeing 777's which require a confirmation from the old PSS site which unfortunately died after FSX was released and can no longer be accessed.Does anyone know of any way to recover the PSS 777's after upgrading to a totally new system?Thanks:RTH
If you saved off all of the installed files on your old setup, it's not difficult. There is an extensive how-to in the PSS forum. If all you have is the installers from PSS, then I'm afraid there is no way without the the PSS servers.DJ

Hello DJ:I am afraid I was blind as a bat. I didn't realize there was still a PSS forum, and there it is right here on this site. I will see if I can find the link or links you reference. I have a total backup of everything that was on my harddrive back when the bird was flying.Thanks loads for the reply:RTHEdit: I am in the process of searching for the exact link that gives the procedure for the recovery. If anyone knows the title, it would be a big help.Thanks:RTH

If you saved off all of the installed files on your old setup, it's not difficult. There is an extensive how-to in the PSS forum. If all you have is the installers from PSS, then I'm afraid there is no way without the the PSS servers.DJ

Hello DJ:I am afraid I was blind as a bat. I didn't realize there was still a PSS forum, and there it is right here on this site. I will see if I can find the link or links you reference. I have a total backup of everything that was on my harddrive back when the bird was flying.Thanks loads for the reply:RTHEdit: I am in the process of searching for the exact link that gives the procedure for the recovery. If anyone knows the title, it would be a big help.Thanks:RTH
This one http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...mp;hl=reinstall should get you going...DJ

Hello:I have everything installed and working fine with the exception of the loadedit provisions. I certainly can live without that if worse comes to worse and simply edit the aircraft.cfg for weights. I am still not sure exactly where to locate the proper hex string entry in the referenced aircraft.cfgs for my data in the regedit entry. I have a thread started on the PSS forum regarding this issue.Thanks again:RTH

Hello:I have everything installed and working fine with the exception of the loadedit provisions. I certainly can live without that if worse comes to worse and simply edit the aircraft.cfg for weights. I am still not sure exactly where to locate the proper hex string entry in the referenced aircraft.cfgs for my data in the regedit entry. I have a thread started on the PSS forum regarding this issue.Thanks again:RTH
I use the JustFlight version of the T7 and thus don't have quite the same entries as the pure PSS variant - as I recall though, from some cfgs I've seen, the hex key immediately follows the fltsim.x sections in the header and before the general section. If you search the forum for 'loadedit' you should see a number of threads dealing with that issue.DJ

For anyone who has the FS9 PSS 777's installed, or in your archives somewhere that you might have had difficulty reinstalling:Thought there might be someone that would be interested in this:I have the "PSS-B772LR" and the "PSS-B773ER" Boeing 777's which I purchased long ago for FS9. After a systems upgrade, I included new harddrives with formats and a complete reinstallation of everything. About the only aircraft that I was unable to copy or reinstall were these two birds as confirmation of my key to the PSS site was no longer possible as they had gone out of business.Thanks to the kind help and advice from Captain James Harnes Jr. USN Retired, and John R on "The Unofficial PSS Support Forum" located on this site, I was able to recover these birds with full functionality. Thenks so much gentlemen!Out of curiosity, I just tried the same procedure to copy them into FSX, and as near as I can tell so far, everything flys and works fine there as well.Rather than copy the total scenario, I will refer you to the "Need help for reinstallation of PSS 777's" thread started by me, "rhodges" in "The Unofficial PSS Support Forum" found on this site. There are some differences depending upon whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System. For FSX, obviously the script edit will be in the "10.0" registry folder. The procedure is exactly the same as that defined in the thread for the "9.0" folder.If this is of interest to you for your hanger, good luck and happy flying:RTH

Sorry folks:Spoke a bit too soon. A number of gauges are not functioning, nor can I bring up the overhead panel.Hopefully a little work and editing may solve some of this.Respectfully:RTH

Probably more work than is worth it, assuming that the bird could be made to fly acceptably at all in FSX. It is still a dandy aircraft in FS9 IMHO.Unfortuntely, it is looking to me like any hope for this bird in FSX may be doubtful. After my first try the gauges started working but the autopilot did not, and the flight dynamics in FSX are impossible. If this old memory serves me right, I think I went to this same scenario many months ago. It has a mind of its own. Importing the FS9 777-300 air, aircraft.cfg, and panel lets the plane fly, but that would be a gigiantic step backward and is not acceptable.Good luck to anyone willing to tackle this monster.Respectfully:RTH

Roger,When the PSS CEO {sic} pulled the plug, their priority had been the 757 FSX update and this was 95% complete in beta testing - I still fly it in FSX occasionally rather that the CS version. Regretably, the 777 was still with the developers - I suspect a much bigger project to get it anything like FSX standard; remember its age!John R

Thanks for another very informative reply John, and thanks again for the recovery of this fine bird for reinstallation in FS9:Remembering age is something I totally identify with now days. I think the PSS 777 is still a prize, especially for the price that was offered. I am very grateful to have its recovery at any level. For critics of my opinion I concede there are better, but everything is relative and the cost was expediently higher for the competitors IMHO. Thanks for anything you contributed to this effort. Respectfully:RTH

Roger,When the PSS CEO {sic} pulled the plug, their priority had been the 757 FSX update and this was 95% complete in beta testing - I still fly it in FSX occasionally rather that the CS version. Regretably, the 777 was still with the developers - I suspect a much bigger project to get it anything like FSX standard; remember its age!John R

Guest Kao
For anyone who has the FS9 PSS 777's installed, or in your archives somewhere that you might have had difficulty reinstalling:Thought there might be someone that would be interested in this:I have the "PSS-B772LR" and the "PSS-B773ER" Boeing 777's which I purchased long ago for FS9. After a systems upgrade, I included new harddrives with formats and a complete reinstallation of everything. About the only aircraft that I was unable to copy or reinstall were these two birds as confirmation of my key to the PSS site was no longer possible as they had gone out of business.Thanks to the kind help and advice from Captain James Harnes Jr. USN Retired, and John R on "The Unofficial PSS Support Forum" located on this site, I was able to recover these birds with full functionality. Thenks so much gentlemen!Out of curiosity, I just tried the same procedure to copy them into FSX, and as near as I can tell so far, everything flys and works fine there as well.Rather than copy the total scenario, I will refer you to the "Need help for reinstallation of PSS 777's" thread started by me, "rhodges" in "The Unofficial PSS Support Forum" found on this site. There are some differences depending upon whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System. For FSX, obviously the script edit will be in the "10.0" registry folder. The procedure is exactly the same as that defined in the thread for the "9.0" folder.If this is of interest to you for your hanger, good luck and happy flying:RTH
So pss 777 can work properly in FSX ?

"So pss 777 can work properly in FSX ?"Not for me so far.Good luck:RTH

So pss 777 can work properly in FSX ?