Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

ATI9700pro and FS2004

So no hardware acceleration in Radeon 9800pro when not running FS in full screen ??thanks,ulisses

"I am still using a Ti 4600, the 9800 has been relegated to mydaughter's machine."I suspect improperly installed drivers. Especially since you mention you have a Ti4600. Did you completely uninstall the Detonator drivers using Detonator Destroyer or even reformatting the harddrive, *before* installing the Radeon? It's also possible that you have one of the early, non-standard AGP 8x chipsets which have problems with AGP 8x cards."So no hardware acceleration in Radeon 9800pro when not runningFS in full screen ??"FS2002 is accelerated in Windowed mode on my 9700 Pro. I see no reason why a 9800 Pro would be different."Maybe it isn't only a "driver problem", the FS2004 readme has a list of issues with some ATI cards (but not the 9600/9700/9800pro).I don't know that ATI hardware version you guys are using...For those of you that don't know how to find this version number it is located on the corner of the circuit board near the connectors.XXX-XXXXX-30 and later looks like the good guy.Maybe some versions with some chipsets can have problems."If it was a hardware problem, then the hardware would be SERIOUSLY flawed. FS2002/2004 use very basic and simplistic 3d rendering features such as multitexturing, alpha textures, some very basic shadow rendering etc. Something serious like a TMU or the emulated T&L unit would have to be messed up in hardware which would be very unlikely and would justify a recall of all R3xx products.Now, cards that are incompatible with certain chipsets is more common, but then the chipset is to blame rather than the videocard. It should work fine with any recent VIA, NVidia, Intel or even SIS chipset.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I think you will find it is the other way round. According reliable sources on the PMDG forum. There is a problem with Nvidia FX5900 and FS2004Andrew.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

>"So no hardware acceleration in Radeon 9800pro when not>running>FS in full screen ??">You do not say whether you run two monitors.George

Doubt it...and if it's true then it will be fixed in a new Detonator version before or soon after FS2004 is out.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP