Sign in to follow this  
Carob

Download Error

More and more lately I am getting an error when trying to download files. The error says..."Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."These are with new uploads too.Is anyone else seeing this? Any clue as to what's going on? It doesn't happen on every file but I would say about 90% of the ones I have tried to get lately.

Where does this error appear, is it in a message box or is it written on the page itself?
Message box appears when I click Save.

After doing some research it looks like this error is caused by your drive. For one reason or another ie is being denied the ability to write the zip file to its destination.

Brian Sperduto

That doesn't make sense when I can click the download button again (sometimes multiple times) pointing to the same destination and it eventually works.

That doesn't make sense when I can click the download button again (sometimes multiple times) pointing to the same destination and it eventually works.
Well that is even more interesting, trying running IE with addons disabled, see if that changes that still happens.

Brian Sperduto

No extra addons.Also getting this message on a completely different machine...Could not find this item.This is no longer located in (path). Verify the item's location and try again.

No extra addons.Also getting this message on a completely different machine...Could not find this item.This is no longer located in (path). Verify the item's location and try again.
Which download is giving you that error, also if you can try using firefox just to see what it tells you

Brian Sperduto

Not just one download. All kinds of different stuff.Sorry, not going to install Firefox just to test this.

Well, you are the only person reporting this problem so it is localized to your PC. Something is blocking the ftp transaction between our servers and your pc. You might want to check a firewall to make sure that ftp isn't being blocked. There's not much more I can do for you since its on your end not ours.

Brian Sperduto

It's not just one system. It's multiple machines on different networks behind different firewalls.I don't know what, when, where or who but something's going on somewhere.

It's not just one system. It's multiple machines on different networks behind different firewalls.I don't know what, when, where or who but something's going on somewhere.
Ok, your welcome to create a new account in our system but it is unlikely to do anything.I would suggest running IE7 with addons disabled even if you are under the impression that they are still run it with them disabled and see if there is a difference. Also verify that your firewall allows connections through Port 21.Besides that there's not much more I can offer, we don't employ anything that could block your connection and since the library and the ftp server are run from the same system you wouldn't be able to access either if there was an issue.

Brian Sperduto