Sign in to follow this  
Tallguy

Unknows stops during loading flight (even with SSD)

I've got an Intel G2 Postville 80GB SSD and copied my FXS folders on it (some 60GB in total). All(!) my FSx related stuff (including REX, PMDG, scenery..everything) is on that SSD.When starting FSX the performance is good. However, when I start my default flight (PMDG's JS4100) the loadprocedure suddenly stops at 27-29% when it's apparently loading the terrain data.During that time I see no diskactivity (I've got resource monitor open). This "time-out" costs 1,5minute before the loading continues. Then it stops again at 81-82% for about 30secs while adjusting scenery objects.My specs: see signature.My WIN7 is quite stripped of unneeded services and features (no AV either). I'm at a loss as to what causes these two stops. Anyone any ideas that may shed some light on this?

Guest WarpAir

Since you on SSD , i cant suggest a defrag.But sounds like the kind of issues you get when you need a defrag, maybe you should defrag your SSD, but its recomemded to do so very rarely on SSDI was thinking of getting SSD myself, but now think id rather spend the money on OC and water cooling instead.

I know this behaviour, but I can't explain it either.With my system, it can take up to five minutes to start FSX for the first time. It can't be due to fragmentation, the fragmentation on my disks is close to zero. However, the first minute or so after starting FSX, the processors (quad) idle around like if they don'tr want to do anything. It takes a VERY long time before they jump to 100%.When loading a flight, I have two stop points: 27% and 82% (when autogen is adapted).Flights themselves are like butter, though.

I'll give it another try soon by using the HDDwith FSX on it to see if the same time-outs occur. The SSD itself is fine, and I'm just waiting for Intel to fix the bug in their latest firmware.