Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

FSX and DirectX 11

Finally got Win7 installed, re-installed FSX today. FSX will not start because of DirectX 11. Can someone please point me to a work around or a solution?Thanks in advance.

What is the error you are seeing exactly?FSX is a DX9 program (by default), and should not be affected whatsoever by the fact that W7 has DX11 support. For the vast majority of users, FSX & W7 "just worked" right out of the box. Do provide more details on the error, your system specs, and any other pertinent information and perhaps we can lend more of a hand!-Greg

The error reads:" Microsoft Flight Simulator cannot run because the version of DirectX ® installed on your computer is incompatible. Please re-install DirectX9.0 by running Flight Simulator Set-up or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directX."System: MSI 7350 w/ Intel Quad 4 6600@2.4 g. nVidia 9600 512 RAM. Windows 7 Professional 32 ( couldn't install 64) Lots of storage. I guess my question is what happens if I try to install another version of DirectX as opposed to the version that came with Windows 7 ( DirectX 11)? Or, if anyone else has run into this error and how to deal with it.Thanks.

Just go ahead and do as it suggests and download the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft. There are no seperate DirectX installers - DX9, 10 and now 11 are all in the one installer.

Konrad

Thank you, I actually did do that, and it did solve the problem. What apparently happens is that Windows 7 will switch to whatever version is required by a particular program and then switch back to DirectX11. The error message and failure to load threw me as I had seen nothing to this effect.Ed Green

Good to see that you got it sorted! Won't be the last curveball W7 throws us no doubt...

Konrad

For me also the same problem. My fsx does not work . Microsoft Flight Simulator cannot run because the version of DirectX ® installed on your computer is incompatible. Please re-install DirectX9.0 by running Flight Simulator Set-up or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directX.I dont know which directx to download. I downloaded directx 9 but still its not working on my xp computer.

Try this DirectX 9 linkhttp://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35I got it from this link. You might want to read throught the whole Win7 tweaking thread.http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic34141_post198187.html#198187