Sign in to follow this  
Guest flymic

CTD - no fun with JS41

Guest flymic

Hello,I wrote an email to the support but maybe you can help me too.I bought the Jetstream just some days ago from the shop and since then I could not manage to do even one flight. Always a complete crash of FSX in the loading process of the JS41. My specs: AMD 64x2 6400+ 8GB RAM ATI HD3850Windows 7 64bit - complete new installation on a new HDD directly after Windows installation I installed FSX then FSX SP1 and SP2 then the Jetstream no other installations, no tuning of settings or something else that means absolute clean installation...start of FSX choose JS41, some airport loading process starts... and crash... Windows always tells me about 3 files that might be involved in the problem: C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WER782C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBD67.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBF1C.tmp.mdmp Please help me with that, I want to fly that sweet thing!!! Any idea??Mirco Ewald

I have no idea what those files are or what their relationship to FSX is, I suggest you try to figure out what they are and that might lead you to the reason for the crash.I assume also that your installation was normal, validation was normal and you allowed the installer to install Microsoft Visual Studio C++ runtime libraries.

Dan Downs KCRP

C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WER782C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBD67.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBF1C.tmp.mdmp
Those files contains information about application at the moment of crash. Full dump is more useful for developers to isolate a problem, however there is minidump which also might be sufficient. I would share it with PMDG (privately, for sure) if they would like to see it.

Evgeny, as soon as you mentioned it I went DUH, of course they are.It would be most helpful to know the name of the offending module that causes the crash, this is also provided along with the above info. For example, it could be fsx.exe or it could be a js41 module. Helps to know which.FSX should be asking you if you trust js41 modules when run the first time. If it isn't, then the most likely problem is a corrupted dll.xml file. This belongs to FSX.Helps also to verify that installation validation worked okay, and other FSX aircraft load okay. These were not mentioned.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi I suffered the same CTD problem for a long time following a couple of successfull fligths, and I had given up using the J41.By chance, I discovered that some older PMDG .pln-files I had copied into the \Microsoft Flightsimulator X\PMDG\flightplans-directory was causing the break down. I at the time being only have .pln-files created by the J41 in that directory, and no problems whatsoever.So be aware that there are no validation of the .pln-files at aircraft loading time, but only crashes if there is a problem.So my advice would be to try to delete the .pln-files except the tutorial one that comes with the installation.Regards Ole

Excellent advice. We had a lot of problems with this but got most of them solved; however, it can still happen.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest flymic

Ok guys, problem solved, i think.It was incorrect voltage adjustment on my processor. Now I made everything back to default and it works!Thanks