Sign in to follow this  
Guest s0436

Affordable, reliable yoke?

Guest s0436

I'm just looking for an affordable yoke with throttle integration. The CH Yoke USB seems to fit my criteria. But I read that people have problems with the control and it not centering? So if I turn right and then take my hands off the controls it will stay right?

I'm just looking for an affordable yoke with throttle integration. The CH Yoke USB seems to fit my criteria. But I read that people have problems with the control and it not centering? So if I turn right and then take my hands off the controls it will stay right?
No! :( if you have set up the YOKE correctly in the SIM using either the CH Control Manager, or FS9/FSX/Windows or FSUIPC it will return to the centre on release.I've had 2 CH yokes the latest being the eclipse and I have never experienced the yoke not returning to the centre when released. :( Both the CH Eclipse and the Saitek Yokes offer good value and control in the SIM. Some simmers like one and some like the other!RegardsPeterH

Guest s0436

Can I ask if the CH yoke USB is easily detachable to save desk space? I might not want it as a permanent fixture on my desk all the time, is it quick and easy to unscrew and then attach again? Thanks.

Can I ask if the CH yoke USB is easily detachable to save desk space? I might not want it as a permanent fixture on my desk all the time, is it quick and easy to unscrew and then attach again? Thanks.
Yes! It has two knobs that tighten or untighten! :( PeterH

Guest s0436

Thanks, and one further question from me. For the integrated throttle of the CH Yoke USB (not the separate throttle quadrant add-on), does it include a thrust reverser?

Thanks, and one further question from me. For the integrated throttle of the CH Yoke USB (not the separate throttle quadrant add-on), does it include a thrust reverser?
No. I use the CH Yoke and use a keyboard selection for reverse thrust. A key is assigned to Throttle (decrease), so when the CH throttle is reduced to zero, the keyboard key is used to further reduce throttle into the reverse range. Slightly open the CH yoke throttle to cancel reverse thrust.I purchased a cheap minature USB keyboard and put labels on the keys to use for various FSX commands. I added/revised key assignments so that actions just require pressing a key rather than a key combination.I've had my yoke for many years now and it works great. However, I had to modify the plastic bushings on the shaft to get rid of the sticky pitch control.

Art

Guest s0436

Thanks. So in theory you could assign one of the buttons eg. one of the red buttons on the left side on the yoke as "activate thrust reverse"?

Thanks. So in theory you could assign one of the buttons eg. one of the red buttons on the left side on the yoke as "activate thrust reverse"?
Yes. I think you will have to press the button or key repeatly to increase reverse thrust because there is no repeat option on the settings list to allow you to just hold it down.

Art

Guest JU108

You could setup a button on CH yoke through FSUIPC to have "repeat key" action which would act as holding down the F2.Even better is if you buy a CH throttle which have detents. With CH throttles and FSUIPC you would have quite good reverser solution :( I am not sure, since I am not at home PC now, but it might also be possible to assign e.g. mixture lever on the yoke to act as thrust reverser through FSUIPC.... as said, not sure.Aleks

You could setup a button on CH yoke through FSUIPC to have "repeat key" action which would act as holding down the F2.Even better is if you buy a CH throttle which have detents. With CH throttles and FSUIPC you would have quite good reverser solution :( I am not sure, since I am not at home PC now, but it might also be possible to assign e.g. mixture lever on the yoke to act as thrust reverser through FSUIPC.... as said, not sure.Aleks
That would almost certainly be possible. Also, by calibration through FSUIPC (registered), you would be able to set the reverser as the lower region of the throttle range and the rest could work as normal. You could then make a "detent" so that you know when you are at idle by adding "lump" in the right place, perhaps just a blob of glue... I have done something similar with a CH throttle quadrant to have lifting buttons that allow the lower range of the throttle to be a fuel cutoff (supposed to be my effort at modelling the BAe146 system)Geoff