Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

FSX Jetways

I use AES for all airports that are available - I love AES!Anyway, I know there are moving Jetways in FSX and they will work with the proper config with the aircraft.UT2 has an option to disable moving jetways which is good because it degrades performance with ai. Is there a way to enable them for the user aircraft but leave them disabled for ai?Some of the FSX default airports are not bad but I really miss the jetways. I would rather have AES for all of the default airports but that is not an option.Thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I thought all UT2 did when you enabled that option was to remove the exits from the aircraft.cfg files for the AI aircraft which stops the jetways from moving, the jetways should still work with user aircraft I think. I would test the theory for myself but I removed UT2 because of poor performance issues compared to MTX 5.2b.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest WarpAir

Like many others , i too was happy with UT2 till slowly and slowly it started causing my fps to fall.I reduced traffic to as low as 20%, and still got the slide shows on approach with an i7920 at 3.8Ghz.I say cut your losses and get another traffic program where you dont have to remove use of jetways.From UT2 i went back to trafficx , and going back to trafficx i realised its better than UT2 in every aspect expect AI model. There is always MyTraffic 2010 newly out.If UT2 makes you think that removing jetways will imrpove your FPS, i sy its time for you to dump that flawed program called UT2.I use jetways with trafficx and no nasty fps suprises here and there.The major major turn off for me with UT2 is this, if half way thorugh taxi you decide to go to fsx menu to adjust some setting, the UT2 AI traffic gets reset, so that yours will be the only plane on the move in that airport for sometime after you have taken off.UT2 has great looking AI , but under the hood its a fundamentally flawed product, i think its to do with the fact that it does not use BGL files like ALL THE OTHER TRAFFIC programs. The designers of UT2 missed the fact that fps smoothness is a must for flight sim.

I use AES for all airports that are available - I love AES!Anyway, I know there are moving Jetways in FSX and they will work with the proper config with the aircraft.UT2 has an option to disable moving jetways which is good because it degrades performance with ai. Is there a way to enable them for the user aircraft but leave them disabled for ai?Some of the FSX default airports are not bad but I really miss the jetways. I would rather have AES for all of the default airports but that is not an option.Thanks.
Most native FSX airliners should already have these available! You activate it with CTRL-J. FS9 native aircraft, would probably have to have it's exit section in the aircraft.cfg file modified to FSX format. You would have to calculate yourself, the proper coordinates, per aircraft. I use WOAI not UT2. I would hope though any function that removed the jetways wouldn't affect any other models other than UT2's.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yes, you guys are right. The function is not disabled by UT2 for all aircraft - just for their ai. Works fine with the default aircraft with it disabled within UT.The only problems I find with Ut2 are the mini pauses that you get when traffic loads and that it reloads when you access the menus which can cause more pauses. It is not perfect but with this version and the classic version, there is no better utility for assigning repaints to flight plans. Once the iron out adding 3rd party flight plans, it will be even better. They will be producing a patch shortly that should address many of the issues. In FS9 I used PAI, then UT and I eventually moved to WofAI because of the better models. I still UT installed and used the airlines not offered by WofAI.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Like many others , i too was happy with UT2 till slowly and slowly it started causing my fps to fall.
What do you mean it slowly caused FPS issues? Why would it operate differently after time?Having the jetways off for ai isn't that big of a deal for me. I would trade it for better looking models and the ability to easily customize paints. DTW is a perfect example - aircraft are painted in a combo of DAL, NWA and NWAoc. As time passes, it will be all DAL. When that happens, I'll be able to adjust easily.

I would test the theory for myself but I removed UT2 because of poor performance issues compared to MTX 5.2b.
Wow, I JUST did this myself, I love the concept of UT2, but the FS9 models, no matter how great they look, were just killing it.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.