Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

Making Smoke System

I have the C-130H from http://www.airforce.mil.nz/gallery/downloa...lesdownload.htm loink but it has no smoke system, ie it's blank:[direction_indicators]direction_indicator.0=3,0[smokesystem][folding_wings]wing_fold_system_type=4 ;0=Nonefold_rates=0.12,0.11 ;Percent per second[exits]number_of_exits=4exit_rate.0=0.5 ;Percent per secondexit_rate.1=0.5 ;Percent per secondexit_rate.2=0.5 ;Percent per secondexit_rate.3=0.5 ;Percent per second[TailHook]tailhook_length=4 ;(feet)tailhook_position=-15.0, 0.0, -1.0 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vHow can I make one and does the autosmoke gauge effect that has instructions for making a smoke system actually work cause many aircraft don't have it like his one and the smoke system doesn't comply to his instructions.Please, I can't get any effects to work via smoke system cause this wonderful freeware doesn't have one!!!How can you make one or can I just get one made or use the Captain Sim C-130 one please? Don't want the CS effect just the X, Y and Z parameters ie/eg:smoke.0 = -10.32, 7.32, -33.91, smoke.1 = -3.15, 8.73, -18.66, smoke.2 = -3.15, 8.73, 18.66,smoke.3 = -10.32, 7.32, 33.91,etc, cheers

Nandan, download these two files NJS_final.zip by Nick Needham, and shop_fx.zip by Jan Rosenberg. Both available in the Avsim library. Shop_fx also gives you an effect (shows as a blue light) in order to set the coordinates correctly. These two zips will give you the tools, effects and knowledge to place smoke on any aircraft. You MUST however, take your time to read, AND digest the information. Placing the smoke exactly where you want it can be rather time consuming, thats where Jan Rosenbergs co-ord tester (the blue light effect) helps. Use the same coordinates as the Capt.Sim and see where they sit on the NZ one, then use the info in the two downloads to move them into the correct position if necessary.Russell

This will put smoke, and thrust reverser spray on your C130. You need to install the NJS_final effects. Just run the fs2004 installer to put the fx files in your effects folder, then put the nn_gauges folder, AS IS, don't remove the contents, in your fs9 gauges folder. Put the revspray.cab in your fs9 gauges folder.Open the aircraft Panel cfg. and copy and paste these two lines at the bottom of window 00gauge64=nn-gauges!NickSmokeFXControl2.xml, 0,0gauge65=revspray!revspray, 0,0,10,10 Then open the Aircraft cfg. and copy and paste these four lines on the bottom of the Lights section.light.13=8, -6.3,-32.7,3.54,fx_nicksmokelearlight.14=9, -6.3,-16.4,3.54,fx_nicksmokelearlight.15=6, -6.3,16.4,3.54,fx_nicksmokelearlight.16=7, -6.3,32.7,3.54,fx_nicksmokelearThen add these lines under smokesystem[smokesystem]smoke.0=-0.00,-24.0,-32.7, Opensky_revspraysmoke.1=-0.00,-24.0,-16.4, Opensky_revspraysmoke.2=-0.00,-24.0,16.4, Opensky_revspraysmoke.3=-0.00,-24.0,32.7, Opensky_revsprayThen open the the Opensky_revspray effect (in fs9 effects folder) and alter this line, second from the bottom in the Emitter.0 section to read like this.....Y Offset=-24.00, -24.00Make sure you have the weather set to gray and rainy...and give it a go.Russell.

Sweet cheers. I just want the Smoke System coordinates and use it for auto smoke. Cheers.Can I use the smoke system for multiple effects? Ie: flares for fs2004 (which require smoke system too)

The system I've just descibed gives you automatic smoke (you don't have to use the i key.) You can alter the xml. gauge to make the smoke come on/go off at any throttle setting you like. You can adapt it to any aircraft. Never installed flares etc. but pretty sure you have to use the LIGHTS section, not the SmokeSystem. fs9 only supports 19 lights, 0 through 18. Any affect you install above that won't display. Always been a bugbear when wanting to put lots of affects on, especially fighter jets.Russell.

The smoke system you made is good but the number 3 and 4 engine's smoke is a little on the inside and not behind the engine like how perfect or almost perfect number 1 and 2 engine smoke is. Can you change this just a little to the right of number 3 and 4 engines?Thx

Actually it's good. All the smokes seem a little to much to the fuselage. I mean, they arent perfectly behind the engines. The engines on the left of the plane, ie 1 and engine 2, the smokes need to be moved a little to the left and for engines 3 and 4 need to be moved a little to the right of the engines. Sweet. Where'd you get the smoke system you made for me anyways? CS? Can anyone post the CS C-130 smoke system...

Nandan, from your answers, you obviously don't spend much time reading or digesting information. I don't use the C130. I downloaded it and put the smoke and revspray on it to show you how it's done. The name of the smoke effect is in the lights section...fx_nicksmokelear, from the NJS_final.zip. I chose that one as it seems to suit the exhaust diameter the best. If you want a thicker smoke, just alter the name of the effect in the lights section to read fx_nicksmokeMD-727 and see if you like that better. You should have five nicksmoke effects in your effects folder, all different sizes to suit different aircraft. I spent around three hours altering the coordinates, then loading the aircraft to check the results. If it needs fine tuning, all the instructions are in the zip file. Read all the readme's and experiment. Thats how it's done...not by expecting someone else to do all the work.Russell.

Guest belga1

Hello,My best advice for this kind of mods is to use Aircraft Container ManagerWill take just a few minutes for put on location your smokes puffs Fumeur13.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.