Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

FSX Carrier USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower by Javier Fernandez

Hi Fisheye,What kind of formation configuration did you select?I cannot come up with a destroyer close to your carrier like in the picture.The only steam effect I have is during catapult, but not with all 4 catsJimmy
Somewhat off topic,but it was recommended to use also aicar2r2,which I downloaded,but can't get to work properly.There is a java file which is downloaded from java.sun.com,i.e. JRE 1.5.This file gives an error on my system,which is Vista home premium.Any ideas?Ron

Ron Service

Hi Fisheye,What kind of formation configuration did you select?I cannot come up with a destroyer close to your carrier like in the picture.The only steam effect I have is during catapult, but not with all 4 catsJimmy
I don't remember but it was one of the ones in the drop down list I think....I am over seventy so my memory doesn't serve me well these days. Also some of my group has asked me where I got the missions that are using the Nimitz and Ike but I can not find where I got them from, the original downloads or another pkg I downloaded..Any help on this??

Somewhat off topic,but it was recommended to use also aicar2r2,which I downloaded,but can't get to work properly.There is a java file which is downloaded from java.sun.com,i.e. JRE 1.5.This file gives an error on my system,which is Vista home premium.Any ideas?Ron
To answer some of the questions about what I installed to get these pictures I will list the file names and sites downloaded from.Avsim.com AIcarriers2.zipflightsim.com uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip which contains the Patuxent and chopper. I still have not found out where the missions came from unless they are inside one of these files....I don't remember any other files downloaded or installed for these carriers.....PS you have to have Java installed in order to open a .jar file which is in these files otherwise you will get an error..... Another thing, please be sure to move the effect files into the FSX Effects folder or you will notice an absence of most of the neat things the author has included in these works of art...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't remember but it was one of the ones in the drop down list I think....I am over seventy so my memory doesn't serve me well these days. Also some of my group has asked me where I got the missions that are using the Nimitz and Ike but I can not find where I got them from, the original downloads or another pkg I downloaded..Any help on this??
I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUTWhen I received so many questions about how I got the nice steam effects and the launch lights on the cats it got me thinking. It has been worrying me trying to figure out how these effects got installed. Then it hit me, I had downloaded a program that added a mission for the carriers called CV69-12.zip by Ed Olander. This added not only the mission but all of the effects that I couldn't explain to everyone here and in our group at simflite.com. I had been flying the mission while taking my screenshots. I found the file available on SimOuthouse and Simviation but not on Avsim or Flightsim.com. Now I can rest from the irritation of not being able to remember what I had done... But I guess that comes with age ....fisheye