Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Oh god no! I just BROKE MY FS2002 DISC 3!

Guest A321

@ your local Retail store, or phone M$ they will happily send you out a replacement disc, (as long as you have proof of purchase) for a small fee.I mean do you really think anybody would point you to a disc image or download, not to mention the legal aspect of doing so, or that there is even a disc image. IF you can still read it then back it up ASAP.Im not ranting at you, but if some hacker sees requests for disc images, we will have no end of toss pot cracker kids asking for a disc image link.+

Guest bjornkeizers

Oh you're thinking I'm making this up? I wish dude. http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/21007.jpg*starts crying*You should see the back... Yugh. I think I'm going to puke. I tried to copy the stuff off the disc, but it didn't work. I got some strange error.. Cyclic.. something or other. Obviously, I can't fix this by polishing or cleaning it.. I heard about freezing the discs which worked with severe scratches.. anyone got any experience with that? I'm willing to try if, if that means I won't have to pay another 50 euro for a copy.

Guest Aidi

Hi,I dont think that A321 was having a go at you, mearly stating that it would not be good to advertise the fact that posting a link to an illegal copy of the disk would detremental.As already stated, If you have proof of purchase, I have read many times in the past that MS are very good about replacing broken CD's. Failing that, might be worth calling them and explain your situation, and you would be happy to send the broken disk back to them as the proof. I am sure one way or another you will be able to get a replacement.RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest bjornkeizers

>I dont think that A321 was having a go at you, My comment wasn't directed at A321, but at hullmann who apparently doesn't believe there is such a thing as simply breaking one's disc. :(>As already stated, If you have proof of purchase, I have read>many times in the past that MS are very good about replacing>broken CD's. I just sent them an E-mail asking them if they could replace the disk *fingers crossed* But it *is* rather urgent, as I'm going on vacation in less then two weeks, and I do need my flight simulator with me :D

Guest Dan CYKA

Ouch - that hurts. I feel for ya buddy.Don't panic to much about it. FS2K4 comes out in the next 20 days or so and your back in the right seat with the latest version. That is about the same time frame that it would take to get a replacement, if they are willing, from Microsoft.

Guest drobson

The solution, called FS2004, will appear on store shelves in just a few short weeks. Take a little time off, relax, and wait for the new edition. :-)Darrell

Hi,I would call Microsoft NL. Their offices are near runway 06 at Schiphol-Rijk, on the Boeing Avenu 30. (How appropriate ;) )I was there yesterday, and had some nice outside views, hehe.They know the way to get a new CD.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest bjornkeizers

>The solution, called FS2004, will appear on store shelves in>just a few short weeks. Take a little time off, relax, and>wait for the new edition. :-)That thought did cross my mind for about half a second, but I'm using a laptop and a rather old and underpowered one at that; it's just good enough to run 2002, but there's no way I can run 2004 on it, and I won't get a hardware upgrade for a while :( Besides, I've had my FS2002 for so long now.. I still have all my older versions for sentimental reasons; and I do want a complete FS2002. I mailed Microsoft Nederland; and I really hope they can send me a replacement Disc 3.. and soon, because I can't bear the thought of a vacation without FS2002 (or rather, without my runways and buildings :D )

I don't think many people realize how fast those CD's spin. It's amazing. In the new 52X burners, it pushed 12000 RPM, and that is near the limit of the CD's built in strength. The spiral track is about 3-1/2 miles long and there about 22,000 apparent "lines" from the inside to the outside of the disk.And we burn a CD in around 3 minutes.Do the math...As a former Thermoplastics Engineer, I can assure you that at that speed, some "molded" CD's are going to crack in high speed reading units. That is why some new units have built in "fly apart" shield protection for the consumer.What we see from BJORNKEIZERS is be expected in a few cases. He just happens to be the "Lucky (Ha-Ha)" one. x(Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest bjornkeizers

Well, the CD is rather old and heavily used; and my drive is actually a DVD-rom drive, and a quite fast one.. the thing gets so hot, after an hour I have to open the drive and let the disc sit for a minute to let it cool down; it's that hot!

Guest A321

>Oh you're thinking I'm making this up? I wish dude. >>>>http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/21007.jpg>>*starts crying*>>>You should see the back... Yugh. I think I'm going to puke. I>tried to copy the stuff off the disc, but it didn't work. I>got some strange error.. Cyclic.. something or other. >>Obviously, I can't fix this by polishing or cleaning it.. I>heard about freezing the discs which worked with severe>scratches.. anyone got any experience with that? I'm willing>to try if, if that means I won't have to pay another 50 euro>for a copy.>>No Way my friend, I did belive you. Its just that, People on this fourm, are (quite Rightly) Anti pricy, although I can think of one developer that does deserve it (no flames please).. And As such we dont want hackers even thinking that this sort of stuff goes on here, IMHO.MS are really nice about changing CD's, The company I work for, have had many CD's changed.Jason

On the positive side...now you "have to buy FS2K4".LOL

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest outtatimeiii

You do not believe how true you are LOL! My 54x CD-ROM drive absolutely cannot be used with my older burnt CD-R's (such as 8x max ones I had from a while back). I already had 2 of them explode in that drive. Luckly, I could take the top of the drive off (easier to clean) and clean up the damage (dont appear to damage the drive). I don't like using that drive too much because its *VERY* loud and, well like I said, it busts some CD's LOL.

Guest bjornkeizers

I was going to buy it anyway, but I probably won't be able to run it on my laptop at a decent speed (I get around 10-15 FPS with FS2002 on 1024x768 with a reasonable quality) I did check out microsoft's 2004 site, and the system requirements are the same as FS2002.. well, slightly higher for the processor speed, but I have a 1.2 ghz so I'm not worried. Why oh why did it happen just two weeks before a new release!