Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Oh god no! I just BROKE MY FS2002 DISC 3!

Hi Bjorn,as I understand it, you want to install FS on your laptop to take on holiday, and you still have it on your PC, right? In that case, why don't you just copy your entire FS2002 folder over from your PC to your laptop? FS2002 works without problems from a copied installation.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I would forget about the replacement disc, they will charge you 30-40 euro for it, and FSCOF is almost here.OHN

Guest bjornkeizers

>as I understand it, you want to install FS on your laptop to>take on holiday, and you still have it on your PC, right? No, no, that's not the problem. My FS2002 is installed *on the laptop* but since it doesn't have a very big harddrive (17 gb) I didn't install all the scenery, which is on disc 3 (the one I broke yesterday)So, now I don't have any runways, except those in add-on scenery. Yes, I can still fly just fine, and I can live without the disc.. but I would very much like to have a replacement just in case.. >I would forget about the replacement disc, they will charge you 30->40 euro for it, Oh my. They charge *that much* for a replacement disc 3? That's absurd!If that's the case, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to wait two weeks and buy a copy of ACOF. I'm pretty much counting on the fact that I'll still be able to run it; but that's a pretty big guess. Should I be unable to run it, then I'll buy a new copy of FS2002 or find some other way of replacing my broken disc.

Hallo BjornMisschien kun je je vraag even stellen bij het FS2002 topic van tweakers http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/779194 die lui wonen wat dichter in de buurt en ze hebben misschien een ietwat praktischere oplossing voor je.TRANSLATION:You could ask the question in this forum http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/779194 maybe someone living near to you can help with a more practical solution.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Hi Bjorn,if it's any consolation, some of the more reliable sources who are in possession of the FS2004 beta say, that if FS2002 runs OK on your machine, you can expect FS2004 to do the same, if not better (I guess MS learned from the FS2000 fiasco).Also, a hint for the future: AS FS runs better from a full install, rather than reading the scenery from the disk, you can compress your drive (provided, it's formatted in NTFS), and it will only take up about half the HD space - I have noticed no degradation in performance.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest bjornkeizers

AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!Sorry about that, I really needed a good scream. I was playing around with another game I bought yesterday, and I put the FS2002 disc 3 (which was in my CD-rom drive) in the game's box. It's one of those nasty DVD style cases. When I was done with the game, I figured I'd go and do some flying.. so I grabbed the case, opened it, pressed down on the little plastic thingy to release the disc.. but evidently, I applied a little too much pressure on the edge of the disc.. and guess what?I saw it happen. Like slow motion. Then I heard the crack.. Oh god. There's a two centimeter long *cut* ,not a scratch, on it. It went clean through and the edges were on top of each other. I popped the edges back, did a bit of a wipe, popped it in the drive and.. Nothing. Couldn't read the disc. wiped it again, and .. well, now at least it's showing up as FS_DISK_3I'm hoping I can still read the data and burn a copy of it.. but that's a long shot. Anybody wouldn't happen to know where I might find a copy or a disc image of an FS2002 Professional disc 3? bjornkeizers2@hotmail.com