Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

Simulating Hurricanes FS2004

What software and what setting do I have to do to do a hurricane hunt? I can't seem to find one for fs2004, is there one? I wanna fly my C-130 etc into a nice looking hurricane. Anyway to simulate this using active sky or anything else?PS: Have active sky too...Please reply. Really looking forward to hurricane hunting

Did you post on the Active Sky forum here on AVSIM?

Did you post on the Active Sky forum here on AVSIM?
Oh no i didn't actually, but in settings there is an option for Hurricane, will that help simulate it?

Well as far as i know, AS 6.5 does support hurricanes. You just have to find one, or wait to happen somewhere. Or if you want to see how it look like, than grab some metar data from the internent for some hurricane.There you are, one i have in collection:192300Z E11099OO180KT 0KM BKN008 BKN010CB OVC080 24/24 Q0998

Hi All,We need to be clear about what we mean by hurricanes.1. In FS2004 we can show the data that the hurricanes produce. With ASv6.5, using Active Radar, you can see the rain bands and the eye. As long as the stations remain open we can get the winds, rains, and cloud conditions also.2. With Active Sky Advanced, in FS04 Mode, we can show the conditions and X Gauge will show a set symbol of where the hurricane is located.So using ASv6.5 or ASA this is possible if the stations stay open to provide the data. This year is almost done so you probably won't find anymore now.Thanks,

I need like METARs etc, how do you get them to work with Active Sky? I have AS 6.5 and want to see the eye and circle high up. Does it have to be online weather for hurricanes? How can I simulate for offline ie no real time weather. What do you mean by "open weather stations"? does that mean open to feed data for the hurricane simulation?

Hi,1. FS9 is not enough. You need a program such as ASv6.5 or ASA. I can't suggest others because I am not sure if they support hurricanes. You don't set up anything in FS, you let AS do everything.2. You are going to need to research the dates and times of the hurricanes and know that AS historical data does not go back forever. Then you use AS to download the data and use AS in Offline Mode. The AS manual will explain everything to you.3. By open weather stations I mean that weather stations that were open at the time of the hurricane. For many of our huge hurricanes, stations in the path of the storm do not choose to stay open. They close down, pull in their equipment, and send workers to safer ground. So in those cases there is no data, because nobody cared about the data. No flights were flying and safety was more important!Thanks,

Hi,1. FS9 is not enough. You need a program such as ASv6.5 or ASA. I can't suggest others because I am not sure if they support hurricanes. You don't set up anything in FS, you let AS do everything.2. You are going to need to research the dates and times of the hurricanes and know that AS historical data does not go back forever. Then you use AS to download the data and use AS in Offline Mode. The AS manual will explain everything to you.3. By open weather stations I mean that weather stations that were open at the time of the hurricane. For many of our huge hurricanes, stations in the path of the storm do not choose to stay open. They close down, pull in their equipment, and send workers to safer ground. So in those cases there is no data, because nobody cared about the data. No flights were flying and safety was more important!Thanks,
Haha, cool, sweet. i have copied the METAR data from the previous replies. I don't have time to read readme but saved the settings etc andf hopefully it'll work by trial and error!!!