Sign in to follow this  
Guest cathay747

Issue with RC

Guest cathay747

I decided to take a spin with RC for the first time after installing windows 7 and Fsx. My issue started when I launch RC, everything seemed ok but when I select 1 or 2 for wx and clearance nothing happens. I was also running trackirv5, ActiveskyX. Please help . Thanks.

I decided to take a spin with RC for the first time after installing windows 7 and Fsx. My issue started when I launch RC, everything seemed ok but when I select 1 or 2 for wx and clearance nothing happens. I was also running trackirv5, ActiveskyX. Please help . Thanks.
was fs running, not at the fly now screen, but at the gate, with the clock running, when you clicked the "Start RC" button?try a different plane if it works, you have a key conflicttry it without any add-ons, maybe they are using the same keysif that's not it, make a log, duplicate the problem, press 1 or 2 a couple of times, and send me the log

Guest cathay747
was fs running, not at the fly now screen, but at the gate, with the clock running, when you clicked the "Start RC" button?try a different plane if it works, you have a key conflicttry it without any add-ons, maybe they are using the same keysif that's not it, make a log, duplicate the problem, press 1 or 2 a couple of times, and send me the log
Thanks JD I'll try that and report back to you. The aircraft in question was the PMDG 747.

Make sure you have the PMDG FMC keyboard capture turned off if you used it. In the 737 it a click spot near the right handle near the FMC (CDU) keys.

Thanks JD I'll try that and report back to you. The aircraft in question was the PMDG 747.

Guest cathay747
Make sure you have the PMDG FMC keyboard capture turned off if you used it. In the 737 it a click spot near the right handle near the FMC (CDU) keys.
Ok JD I'm going crazy here, I tried what you said and I used FSX and the Cessna for a quick flight. Again when I select 1 or 2 I see standby but nothing happens.Now I can be sure it's not activeskyx, trackir or PMDG 747 is the problem. Should I just try and reinstall or you can come up with a fix. By the way FSX was running at the gate when I click start on RC.Thanks.Joe

A couple of basics:Make sure the FS window has the focus, not the RC window.Check in RC the key assignments options to see if they are already mapped to use the ctrl and/or shift key in combination with the menu displayed number or character. Change those if you wish.Insure that you are using the latest version 4 of FSUIPC (and grab makerwys.exe as well) from the links in the pinned topic at the forum head.RC and FS are on the same PC or do you have two PCs networked.If you alt-tab to the RC main screen do you see any error messages lurking?If you have RC or FS running in a sub-folder tree down from "Program Files", insure you have a shortcut to them with a "Run As An Administrator" property set.Are you running Win 7 32 or 64 bit.If nothing helps do the log thing as jd requests. For one thing it will confirm if RC is receiving your keystrokes.

Guest cathay747
A couple of basics:Make sure the FS window has the focus, not the RC window.Check in RC the key assignments options to see if they are already mapped to use the ctrl and/or shift key in combination with the menu displayed number or character. Change those if you wish.Insure that you are using the latest version 4 of FSUIPC (and grab makerwys.exe as well) from the links in the pinned topic at the forum head.RC and FS are on the same PC or do you have two PCs networked.If you alt-tab to the RC main screen do you see any error messages lurking?If you have RC or FS running in a sub-folder tree down from "Program Files", insure you have a shortcut to them with a "Run As An Administrator" property set.Are you running Win 7 32 or 64 bit.If nothing helps do the log thing as jd requests. For one thing it will confirm if RC is receiving your keystrokes.
Thanks I'll try all that and report back. I'm running window7 64. I only use 1 pc, and RC and FSX are in the same Program files folder.Thanks again.

Guest cathay747
Thanks I'll try all that and report back. I'm running window7 64. I only use 1 pc, and RC and FSX are in the same Program files folder.Thanks again.
Still now working guys, I'll try to re-install the program. After that is done I will report back.Thanks