Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

What addons do YOU have?

If anyone has refuel window issue with FSPassengersX with PMDG aircraft then I have a solution for you:- load fuel into aircraft through PMDG menu- load FSPassengers- before take off load a very small amount more of fuel via PMDG menu. This causes FSPassengers warning that refuel is not allowed but before takeoff it can be closed without problem and this popup never comes up again during flight anymore. So you can use it without problem.FSPassengersX is really great but very low support comes with it.Matyas Majzik
Thanks Matyas, This is a workable work around so many thanks.
MyTrafic 2010 has less impact on the FPS eve though I have more traffic at the aiports. The program organises traffic even on the most remote or small airport (currently I am testing Tongass Fjords and FTX Australia). There is military traffic on the military airfields. Just hop to Edwards or Miramar and you'll see what I mean. Cargo flights are there as well. Last but not least you can control the traffic directly from the FSX sliders.Again, it is my personal opinion but I would not install UT2 again.However there is one last point - if you fly online (say IVAO) and still want to see traffic around you - UT2 is for you because of the outside FSX control console. Ivap can not stop the UT2 traffic from showing up. A bit unrealistic but not bad.......Cheers
Thanks Martin, I can't believe I'm going to do it, but I'm going to give it a try. I $pent way too much coin this weekend on addons, half of which are a big let down so hope this one cheers me up :( (I know, I'm hopeless).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I $pent way too much coin this weekend on addons, half of which are a big let down so hope this one cheers me up :( (I know, I'm hopeless).
I hope the same.At least for me worked... (Still I was a bit sad that I spent money on UT2 but anyway..)

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Guest Heavy_Driver

UI Traffic, please explain...I own UT, UT2, MT 5.2b, TrafficX...HONESTLY, what are the adavantages of MT2010 over UT2?And will I see better FPS between the 2 all other things being equal? (I am always looking for ways to improve my FPS on the ramp.)Cheers.

UI Traffic, please explain...I own UT, UT2, MT 5.2b, TrafficX...HONESTLY, what are the adavantages of MT2010 over UT2?And will I see better FPS between the 2 all other things being equal? (I am always looking for ways to improve my FPS on the ramp.)Cheers.
Hi chris,After half a day, I can say that the fps of MT-2010 does seem better than the others. Definitely better than what I have been using lately (Traffic X). So far I still think UT2's textures are a bit better but then again, I rather have the less fps impact than textures at this point. That is mainly because of the other addons I have running, and like all of us; better fps = GOOD! Some addons I have require going into the menu's and UT2 still has the issue of all the AI resetting due to simconnect if you do so. So since Martin mentioned it and since I was running an older version I checked it out and so far am please, (Thanks Martin). Of course it still effects your fps, but I agree with Martin that it seems much lighter on my system than the others :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi, FS9.1 (WinXP)Active cameraTrack IREnditAllDiskkeeperPMDG 737/FS2CrewLD 767/FS2CrewF1 ATR/FS2CrewEaglesoft CJ1FS NavigatorFS GLOBAL 2005Local scenery add-onsUltimate Traffic 2004SimPlates 2004PFE (but not yet in use...)Will probably re-install FSX next time I upgrade my hardware but I'm not done with FS9 yet...Rgds,Bruno

Guest Heavy_Driver

Hmm, cant find my MT 5.2b reg info to upgrade for free so I guess Im stuck with UT2.

VFR Generation X Version 2 England and Wales (Horizon Simulations)VFR Western Isles (Horizon Simulations)VFR Airfields Volume 1+2 (UK2000)Heathrow Xtreme (UK2000)Gatwick Xtreme (UK2000)Stansted Xtreme (UK2000)Birmingham Xtreme (UK2000)Bristol Xtreme (UK2000)VFR Alderney (Earth Simulations)PMDG BAe Jetstream 4100Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

To be honest I can not understand how anyone could buy a traffic add-on other than UT2. Because all of the others have one big flaw: The airliner models are just plain ugly! This is even true for the newest MyTraffic 2010... They claim to have new models all built with detail never seen before in FSX for AI Planes. But sorry that's just a lie. Look at what Groups like Aardvark, The Fruit Stand, AIG and other very talented modellers have done. Now THOSE are state-of-the-art AI airplanes!So what Flight 1 did with UT2 they took those very best AI models, made them FSX and here you go, a wonderful AI experience. Sure UT2 has some old models too, but those can easily be exchanged with freeware models. But at least the majority of the airliner models are of the highest possible quality.Every other add-on has ugly models, both in shape and textures. Just look at the screenshots, they tell everything... Oh and Flight 1 also buys real flight plan data to incorporate into their product. Again something no one else does.Yes I know this is all personal taste, but still... how can anyone look at the MyTraffic 2010 B744 model and say that this is nice??Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

To be honest I can not understand how anyone could buy a traffic add-on other than UT2. Because all of the others have one big flaw: The airliner models are just plain ugly! This is even true for the newest MyTraffic 2010... They claim to have new models all built with detail never seen before in FSX for AI Planes. But sorry that's just a lie. Look at what Groups like Aardvark, The Fruit Stand, AIG and other very talented modellers have done. Now THOSE are state-of-the-art AI airplanes!So what Flight 1 did with UT2 they took those very best AI models, made them FSX and here you go, a wonderful AI experience. Sure UT2 has some old models too, but those can easily be exchanged with freeware models. But at least the majority of the airliner models are of the highest possible quality.Every other add-on has ugly models, both in shape and textures. Just look at the screenshots, they tell everything... Oh and Flight 1 also buys real flight plan data to incorporate into their product. Again something no one else does.Yes I know this is all personal taste, but still... how can anyone look at the MyTraffic 2010 B744 model and say that this is nice??Regards,Markus
I agree, which is why I boast so much about the product in my original post, on all counts. I loved the textures and FP's are top notch. My only set back with them is the simconnect issue of traffic resetting. Having now tried the MyTraffic 2010 for a few days, I can reiterate to my latest comment (a few up) as with the textures clearly being the reason their FPS is better than the others. I also think I found a bug. Not sure at this point since I just got the MD11 and think I remember something about it's TCAS working different than what I'm use to in the Queen, but the problem I have been seeing lately is that I will be flying and the outside AI planes hardly ever match the TCAS. In fact, I often get TCAS warnings, yet there are no actual plances remotely close to me. I have been flying with no weather and only at night my last few flights just to confirm this,,, it's weird. Right now, my heads been focused on the FMS so will look into it more another time.

Dan Prunier

Dan, thanks for starting this thread. As a someone who really only bought add-on aircraft in the past and have toyed with other add-ons like RC and a traffic one but never pulled the trigger, I became highly interested in REX 2.0 and just bought it. Depsite the glacial download speed from FSStore, its really a great program. FS never looked better. I swear they even got the smog at LAX right. Now I need to buy one of the traffic add-ons. I was leaning at UT2, now I'm leaning at MT2010. Thanks guys for making it so difficult. ;)

There is absolutely no way I could list all my FSX addons... it would take a day to write such a post, and would take a whole page itself. :(As for PMDG, I've got the 737 NG, 747X, MD-11X, and J41. Other "complex" jets include the Super 80, Super 80 Pro, CS 757X, CS 727X and LDS 767.Out of those, I fly the LDS 767, MD-11X, and J41 the most.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Dan, thanks for starting this thread. As a someone who really only bought add-on aircraft in the past and have toyed with other add-ons like RC and a traffic one but never pulled the trigger, I became highly interested in REX 2.0 and just bought it. Depsite the glacial download speed from FSStore, its really a great program. FS never looked better. I swear they even got the smog at LAX right. Now I need to buy one of the traffic add-ons. I was leaning at UT2, now I'm leaning at MT2010. Thanks guys for making it so difficult. ;)
Glad it helped show you the light Doug :)My main goal, was when I started looking outside the box, looking for new addons. I read a trillion different typical posts of people asking for comparisons. I figured this way, people could write what they had, liked about it, and possible tweaks that they found helpful. As far as the Traffic program, I still prefer UT2 the best of them all, in fact they are about to release a new patch for it to help lower the hit on frame rate up to 150%. As I've said before, the only problem I had with it was it uses sim connect and has a bug that all traffic will reset when you access the menus. So what I do now is start the sim, get all of my menu related things finished and then I go through my normal start up. If I were to recommend any addons for FSX to people it would be (in order), REX2 of course, Ultimate Traffic 2 and FSPassengers X. I was happy with the fps of My Traffic 2010, but the liveries were terribad. But again, these are just my opinions and that's another reason I started this thread. I have actual bought a couple of addons based on others opinions here and am always looking for the next ;-)Also to note, a more difined reason I stopped using UT2, was yes, for the simm connect issue, but also due to that issue of them resetting, were of course resetting in my addon Super Traffic Board. My daughter (being the up and coming simmer that she is) loves me to just leave that open on one monitor while I get her parked near the runway. That way she watches all the traffic taxi, departure, arrivals, etc... while watching them in the sim. Problem is, being young and being a woman, haha, she changes her mind a lot about times of day, airport etc, so when I enter the menu, they reset... I still prefer it for my own simming.

Dan Prunier

As far as the Traffic program, I still prefer UT2 the best of them all, in fact they are about to release a new patch for it to help lower the hit on frame rate up to 150%. As I've said before, the only problem I had with it was it uses sim connect and has a bug that all traffic will reset when you access the menus. So what I do now is start the sim, get all of my menu related things finished and then I go through my normal start up. If I were to recommend any addons for FSX to people it would be (in order), REX2 of course, Ultimate Traffic 2 and FSPassengers X. I was happy with the fps of My Traffic 2010, but the liveries were terribad. But again, these are just my opinions and that's another reason I started this thread.
Interesting. I'm less into the eye candy parts of the traffic add-ons and more the realism of peak flight periods and routes, etc. If you've ever flown in the Eastern U.S. the main J ways are largely parades. I think I'm still leaning to MT. I dunno. I've also looked at Passengers, but it seems like its adds a lot of time to the flight prep stages which would only irritate my wife.

Interesting. I'm less into the eye candy parts of the traffic add-ons and more the realism of peak flight periods and routes, etc. If you've ever flown in the Eastern U.S. the main J ways are largely parades. I think I'm still leaning to MT. I dunno. I've also looked at Passengers, but it seems like its adds a lot of time to the flight prep stages which would only irritate my wife.
Haha, I hear ya.UT2 is real world routes, and they are soon implementing seasonal downloads for season changes as in real world. Also of course, you can add your on routes. Which ever you decide on, good luck, and yes, by all means keep you copilot from getting irritated ;-)

Dan Prunier

I'm not going to list all of my addons here - my wife might stumble over the list and realize how much money I'm spending on this hobby. But three of my favorite addons that I haven't seen mentioned yet are:* Lotus L-39 albatross. Great model, great VC, and designed from the outset for shared cockpit. Also comes with less complex versions optimized for online formation flying and team aerobatics (not that my piloting skills are up to that challenge yet)* A2A Piper Cub with Accusim. Great for low and slow sightseeing, and I love being able to hand-start it (well, turn the prop with my mouse, but I swear I can almost feel the wood of the prop sometimes)* Dodosim 206 (FSX). Very realistic systems and flight dynamics, models failures, and it has that characteristic rotor slap just right. I'm still not 100% in control of where a hovertaxi takes me, but once in the air it's a joy to fly (around Tongass Fjords, for example).The number and quality of addon products that is available to us simmers is truly amazing!