Sign in to follow this  
PingPong

Quest Kodiak is 15 bucks.

got some useful spam today from PCaviatorPC Aviator 24 Hour Special!The 10 Passenger High Endurance Turboprop Powered Bush Plane

Very good deal. To me, if you are going to have a large single engine prop in your inventory, this is the one to have. It's a perfect replacement for the caravan.Thanks for the link. I have been looking for some good paints for it.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I bought this at $25, and thought that was a really good deal on such a great aircraft. At $15, this is a complete steal and is a must-have for any bush-flyers, GA lovers, and fans of STOL aircraft. This has been my personal favorite plane since I bought it, and I'm sure many here would love it too. :) Great plane!

Guest JimC1702

That's a no-brainer for $15.00. It's a fantastic plane to fly in FSX with lots of varations and paints.Jim

Easy to fly - sooooo hard to land :-). Just love this plane, go get it.
Glan I'm not the only one who thinks so. You really have to stay on top of you speed on approach.I'm getting better though - I was just testing out the Banana Bob bare metal paint and I greased a landing at TFFJ

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks to the original poster for bringing this deal to our attention.I never buy FS addons on the spur of the moment, however since it was so cheap I bought it anyway.This has probably been the best "value purchase" I have made so far for an FSX a/c. Great modeling and no hit on FPS at all.Just took it for a test flight around KSEA and am very impressed that there was no preformance hit with the glass panels. I'm not much for props but this one is a lot of fun to fly so far and I am glad to have purchased. The animations are pretty cool as well, especially the sun visors that you can not only put up and down, but also slide from left to right and move to the side windows. I have a feeling I will be taking some time away from the tube liners and spending some time in this one for a while. Better go get some new paints for it.I may now have to go buy Tongass Fjords X just to do some bush flying.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Before I get beat up, let me say I am not a RW pilot nor I have ever flown in a Kodiak. In addition, I love the aircraft.Two things about it - wondering if they are realistic and if not, is there a fix.The controls seem really sensitive. I can do really tight barrel rolls in it and it is really hard to keep trimmed at lower speeds (less than 130kts). Second, the contact points seem off on the float model.Any ideas or opinions?

got some useful spam today from PCaviatorPC Aviator 24 Hour Special!The 10 Passenger High Endurance Turboprop Powered Bush Plane

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Well You guy's sold me!!! Off to purchase!!!! I'll get the hook out of my mouth later!!! :(

Add me to the list if impulse purchasers. Downloaded and installing now. Thanks for the heads up.They really should offer these sorts of deals more often. It's a heck of a lot better to sell something at $15 versus nothing at $25.

Before I get beat up, let me say I am not a RW pilot nor I have ever flown in a Kodiak. In addition, I love the aircraft.Two things about it - wondering if they are realistic and if not, is there a fix.The controls seem really sensitive. I can do really tight barrel rolls in it and it is really hard to keep trimmed at lower speeds (less than 130kts). Second, the contact points seem off on the float model.Any ideas or opinions?
The control on mine seem to be fine as far a sensitivity go, although that may just be my settings. However I had some issues with it in the water, although most a/c in FSX seem to act kind of weird in the water so maybe it's just me.The only thing that I don't like about the a/c, is when you land no matter how perfect the landing, you get a white puff of smoke thur the cockpit when the nose wheell touches down. I don't have that happen in any other FSX a/c.And while I am thinking about it, it kind of does a weird jerky skip on the ground when you turn off the reverse thrust by advancing the throttle back to idle.Aside from those things I really like it and for $15 you cant beat it. Not to mention the Banana Bob repaints are really awesome, especially the bare metal one.Edit: One other thing that seems kind of buggy is the zoom in and out on the GPS. Seems that sometime the zoom function quits working for a short while.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You guys are right, nice plane and good developper.My problem is with the ailerons, they seem very sensitive and there is something wrong with the stability. Normally, in a turn, once the angle of bank is achieved the ailerons are returned to neutral and bank is maintained. To rollout ailerons are deflected in the opposit direcction. Even the default planes are modelled corectly. With this Kodiac aileron deflection has to be maintained to maintain the bank. I have never seen that in 24 yrs of flying real life.I sent the developer an email a few weeks ago and they said they would look into it. The answer was very friendly, very uncommun these days, those guys are gentlemen. I just hopt they fix it because right now I can't hand fly it.Dan