Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

747X - Violent mid air behavior

Update. as soon as I've reached the eastern coast of Japan, it all went nuts again , I refreshed REX weather and still the same. Before I reached the coast the winds were steady 344/80 but when REX updated the weather (I guess to local metars) winds were all over the place destabilizing the 747's autopilot. I turned off REX weather and set FSX' default real time weather with winds and everything is fine. I will contact REX about this, even though I might not get anywhere with this.Which one of the Hifi's products works with REX textures? ASA or ASX?
I use ASA and it seems to work OK with the REX graphics. Funny that you and I both experienced wind problems over Japan... I think there's something screwy with the weather reporting over Japan in FSX because I always seem to get exceedingly violent winds over Japan... sometimes reaching as much as 200kt :( Any other country I fly in, I have no problems. :( - Alex

Correction, western coast of Japan. :)

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The Japanese were to first to discover jet winds. Our B-29's failed miserably at high altitude precision bombing and Curtis LeMay finally had to resort to low level tactics. Their winds are truly significant.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest jahman
The Japanese were to first to discover jet winds. Our B-29's failed miserably at high altitude precision bombing and Curtis LeMay finally had to resort to low level tactics. Their winds are truly significant.
On March 5, 1966 after taking off from Tokio, BOAC Flight 911, a Boeing 707, disintegrated while transiting the mountain wave in the lee of Mount Fuji. Witnesses on the ground reported seeing the aircraft in a flat spin trailing white atomized jet fuel escaping from the fuel tanks prior to breaking up in flight.Shortly after the accident, a U.S. Navy A-4 Skyhawk sent up to measure the CAT - Clear Air Turbulence recorded +9/-4 G on its accelerometer.See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BOAC_Flight_911Cheers,-jahman.