Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Feelthere ERJ mini-review

I got it and took it out for one flight. So far so good. This is my first feelthere purchase. I'm pleased. I can't wait to try some more flights. But that yoke has gotta go. That's the only thing I don't like. Please Feelthere make it possible to remove that thing.

no need to 'hope'. SP1 is in development for expedited release.--
Great! Thanks, Scoob and FT guys.Dirk.

Tom,I think you did an excellent product review on the Feelthere ERJ 145, ERJ 135 and ERJ 145XR v2.It has been a long time since I flew the Legacy, so this review was of great interest to me.(1) You mentioned: Installers were included for both FSX and FS9 -Does this mean that you get two installations (FS9 and FSX) for one purchase price (You do not have to purchase a second license)?(2) Do you happen to know if GoFlight products, throttles, radios, and switches are supported via FSUIPC, for example?(3) Does the Navigraph data include SID/STAR/Approaches?***************************************************************A few things that were eye catchers in your review for me were:***************************************************************keyboard commands.weather radar.startup mode (e.g. cold and dark).international settings (e.g. KG vs. lbs).load manager.2D panel (I use for takeoff, approachand landing).4:3 format (I use it).VC: This I use mostly when in cruise (me also).HUD: There is a head-up display available (2D panel only) for low-visibility landings.APU consumes fuel.Abnormals are not modeled (ok by me).The FMS is the star of the show, though. It is updateable (Navigraph), Holds at any waypoint, go-arounds, alternate routes, import wind directions and speeds at all waypoints.Feelthere only claims support for 32-bit XP and Vista, although I've had no problems with the software running on 64-bit Windows 7. (I have Vista/32 now but may go to Win7 later).FPS: I'm getting very good performance on my 2-year old computer.Bugs, issues, support:None of them are dealbreakers, and the Feelthere support staff is clearly taking notes - they are very responsive and professional.(And I see they have an "open" support forum like here at AVSIM *** Great!)

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

... you get two installations (FS9 and FSX) for one purchase price (You do not have to purchase a second license)?
both the FS9 and FSX versions are included in the quoted price.
(2) Do you happen to know if GoFlight products, throttles, radios, and switches are supported via FSUIPC, for example?
The ERJv2 is compatible with the GoFlight AP modules, Track IR and Squawkbox 3
(3) Does the Navigraph data include SID/STAR/Approaches?
yes--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

The FMS is the star of the show, though. It is updateable (Navigraph), Holds at any waypoint...
You can learn and appreciate some things only through comparison. It's turned out that this particular feature (Holds at any waypoint) is a stumbling block in the latest release of CX v2.0 by EagleSoft with otherwise very advanced avionics simulation. Good job, FT.Cheers,Dirk.

D. Scobie,Thank you for answering my questions in my previous post here.

Best Regards,

Is United Experss livery available in base package?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just a quick note for people ordering, as I found out.If you order there will be two choices for delivery of the ERJ software.1. Email/Download Delivery Only - Free2. Electronic and CD ROM delivery - Add $10I selected option #2, thinking it would be a download now and the ERJ on CD also delivered to my house later.But I found out that option #2 means:for the extra $10, that BMT will burn a CD Image of the download you purchased.Then they will mail this image CD to the address you provided on or order form. *** this IS NOT the CD release copy ***So now I "waiting for the mail! and waiting!No joy, unless you want to wait for the mailman.My mistake, but posted here so you can make the "correct" choice.

Best Regards,

Just a quick note for people ordering, as I found out ...
vaughan:from what you typed my understanding is you have puchased both a CDROM copy (to be mailed) and a download copy. the link to the download should have been emailed. there have not been posts of difficulty getting emails from BMTmicro. everyone has stated the link is sent seconds after purchase. but, as stated on the feelThere purchase site, "Anonymous (free) email services such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc. are subject to extended fraud checking and may delay your order." have no idea if this releates to you issues.double check the confirmation you received. is there a www-link for your download? that is what i received MANY years ago when i purchased the ERJv1.if you still have difficulty contact BMTmicro and explain your situation ... the consumer support email address is in the confirmation your received, and on the purchase www-site, which i quote here, "If you encounter problems, please contact BMT Micro: email orders@bmtmicro.com or call 800-414-4268 (USA/Canada) / +1 910-792-9100 (international customers)."--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest hmstiger
vaughan:from what you typed my understanding is you have puchased both a CDROM copy (to be mailed) and a download copy. the link to the download should have been emailed. there have not been posts of difficulty getting emails from BMTmicro. everyone has stated the link is sent seconds after purchase. but, as stated on the feelThere purchase site, "Anonymous (free) email services such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc. are subject to extended fraud checking and may delay your order." have no idea if this releates to you issues.double check the confirmation you received. is there a www-link for your download? that is what i received MANY years ago when i purchased the ERJv1.if you still have difficulty contact BMTmicro and explain your situation ... the consumer support email address is in the confirmation your received, and on the purchase www-site, which i quote here, "If you encounter problems, please contact BMT Micro: email orders@bmtmicro.com or call 800-414-4268 (USA/Canada) / +1 910-792-9100 (international customers)."--
No dark cockpit at night. Non starter. Shame, good looking VC. Thought we might have had another complete package like the PMDG turboprop. No such luck.

Scobie,Thanks for the reply.I sent a reply to you on the feelthere forum also.The people without problems getting their product download may not be ordering the "download image CD ROM" option ($10 more).I just wanted to let people ordering the CD ROM option that there could be a problem.I did not get a download link from BMTmicro.I will have to contact them and find out how the CD ROM ordering works!

Best Regards,

Guest 413X3
No dark cockpit at night. Non starter. Shame, good looking VC. Thought we might have had another complete package like the PMDG turboprop. No such luck.
everyone needs to post in the feelthere forums to get the attention of the developers then. I remember they have always had good customer service and hopefully will release a service pack allowing dark cockpit, dome light, and backlighting as separate options