Sign in to follow this  
Guy014

FSUIPC Registered vs FREE

I know I could have posted such a topic on Pete's forum but I think the community is more alive here.So, What are the fundamental differences between the free (unregistered) version of FSUIPC vs the full (registered) version?If I am perfectly capable to fly using a free version, what's in it for me to buy a fully licenced product?I hope some of you can answer this quesiton and provide insight as to what the full version offers to the simmers that they can't get using the free version.

Erik L.

The difference between the free version and the registered version is with the registered version you have alot more options then the free one for example with the registered version you can assign keyboard commands to specific buttons on your yoke like toga or anything else but that's just one of the options there are alot moreJohan Ketting

The most important and valuable feature is the ability to tame the horrible MSFS wx engine. This alone makes the product worth much more than its cost.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Heavy_Driver

I too am wondering if this is a worthwhile investment BUT...do not payware weather add-ons like ASX or REX fix this?What other benefits would there be?Thanx.

The thing I notice most about the registered version of FSUIPC is the ability to have random icing and random turbulence within clouds, which really keep you on your toes. It also allows you to set infinite battery, and set aircraft specific key commands. It also lets you curve you flight controls (More sensitive in certain areas). Visibility and wind smoothing are also a big plus.

Joe Sherrill

The thing I notice most about the registered version of FSUIPC is the ability to have random icing and random turbulence within clouds, which really keep you on your toes. It also allows you to set infinite battery, and set aircraft specific key commands. It also lets you curve you flight controls (More sensitive in certain areas). Visibility and wind smoothing are also a big plus.
Hi Joseph, Is the "random icing" even modeled? I have always had it on and was just wondering if you ever noticed anything. I haven't, yet anyway ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yep, it is modeled. It will affect the flight model of the aircraft, but it is far less noticeable on say, a 747 then it is on a Cessna. I pick up on it mostly when I'm driving my SF.260 around IFR. Ice will only be visible if the aircraft supports that feature.

Joe Sherrill

do not payware weather add-ons like ASX or REX fix this?
In my experience, no. I also resisted buying fsuipc, but ended up buying for the wind smoothing alone. IMHO nothing truly solves wind shifts properly except fsuipc.

I know I could have posted such a topic on Pete's forum but I think the community is more alive here.So, What are the fundamental differences between the free (unregistered) version of FSUIPC vs the full (registered) version?If I am perfectly capable to fly using a free version, what's in it for me to buy a fully licenced product?I hope some of you can answer this quesiton and provide insight as to what the full version offers to the simmers that they can't get using the free version.
The paid version unlocks all of the features that are greyed out in the free version. I bought it primarily to gain full control of my yolk; rudder throttles e.t.c and weather settings including calibration of those settings. Most everything otherwise works as well on the free version although there is the occasional add-on (producer will usually state

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Sorry to be such a newby BUT how hard is it to use as it sounds a bit complicated?

Are you prompted, when you want to do things, or do you have to alter FSX 'files"? I am okay with changing controls, settings and sensitivities in FSX and doing some things with config files. Not sure about this.

Does it run w/n or outside of FSX?

I am interested primarily, so far, in wind smoothing and auto saving. Also maybe 'curving some of my flight controls', if I am understanding that right.

Any "for dummies" manuals on this out there some where>

Thanks!!

Sorry to be such a newby BUT how hard is it to use as it sounds a bit complicated?

Are you prompted, when you want to do things, or do you have to alter FSX 'files"? I am okay with changing controls, settings and sensitivities in FSX and doing some things with config files. Not sure about this.

Does it run w/n or outside of FSX?

I am interested primarily, so far, in wind smoothing and auto saving. Also maybe 'curving some of my flight controls', if I am understanding that right.

Any "for dummies" manuals on this out there some where>

Thanks!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TkOg-r_MKwM

ZORAN

[/quote

Very informative video.I've not used fsuipc to it's full potential,so glad to see this.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020