Sign in to follow this  
htfc

Can anybody help me with Filefront ?

Hi to all,I have today uploaded a zip file containing the altered aircraft .res files to Filefront, although I received an 'upload successful' message, I can't find the file on the site when I do a search. Chris, I know you successfully uploaded the 'one pixel fix' file and showed a link to the file on another thread, perhaps you can tell me where I've gone wrong ?You can PM me if you prefer.Regards........Stuart.

Hi to all,I have today uploaded a zip file containing the altered aircraft .res files to Filefront, although I received an 'upload successful' message, I can't find the file on the site when I do a search. Chris, I know you successfully uploaded the 'one pixel fix' file and showed a link to the file on another thread, perhaps you can tell me where I've gone wrong ?You can PM me if you prefer.Regards........Stuart.
personal uploads usually have to be linked to, you can't search up personal uploads using the sites search engine, you have to know the users uploads page address.

Thanks for the explanation Peter, it's a little clearer now.Regards..........Stuart

Hi Chris,No is the answer to that one, despite sending a couple of E-mails to Filefront they haven't replied.Did you receive any file retrieval info when you uploaded your zip file? I didn't get anything and I find their front screen instructions rather confusing. I'm rapidly giving up on this idea and might just show the link to Gideon Pertzov's site and then do a quick 'click by click' guide to altering the recs.I am keen to do this because I know that there are many simmers who find some install /edit processes quite daunting, and in the end don't bother.[ I include myself in this group .]What seemed like a simple operation seems to be not so .Stuart :(

Hi Stuart,Use Google search on your filename or description text, I assume you know it ;-)This will work, I have found the upload of Chris this way. The internal search of filefront will not find any FU3 files.good luckAndre

Hi Andre,Thanks for the tip, I'll try googling it, but I have to say that I'm not impressed with Filefront . They state that they are there to assist gamers with file sharing, but then choose to ignore E-mails when a user gets stuck in the system.The file is named Fixed Fu3 fleet [winzipped], if anybody wants to try their own luck. There are over 30 aircraft in it [ including your Goose- thanks again ]. It could save somebody an hour or two away from playing with Cockpit designer.Regards...........Stuart

Guest Seadog

Stuart - Thanks for going to all that effort. I hope the file can be found. I did regular Google searches (using quote marks) for the text as you typed it, then with underscores between the words and then with no spaces between the words, with no luck. I also did an Advanced Google search for the term "FU3" limited just to the filefront.com domain and found several files related to FU3, but not yours. Perhaps it has not yet been found by the Google bot, or perhaps it has not yet been made available to the public. I have no knowledge about how filefront works, sorry to say. Again, thanks for all your efforts.

Thanks for your efforts there Seadog, I can't find it on advanced search either. I am tired of this Filefront saga and am looking to upload to another more 'user friendly' site - perhaps another forum member may be able to suggest one ? There are dozens on the Net by the look of things.There are some aircraft in the file that are not currently available on Avsim , which may be of interest-bearing in mind the current problems re the recent hack.The zip file is over 180MB, so I would appreciate advice as to whether I should split it into smaller ones to facilitate downloads [?]Regards to all ..........Stuart

I suppose I've been misunderstanding the current status of our library. I thought it was fully functional for new uploads.Regarding tools for splitting the file: Splitz(?), Winrar, 7zipIs FilePlanet the same as FileFront? If not; maybe there's a way to upload there?jimboff-topic: did you guys notice the screenshots forum return today? It was right above our forum list. Now it's gone? I guess I'm going koo-koo's?

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

htfc,You need to add /user/"your username" (whatever it is) to the www.filefront.com in the address bar. That should give you access to your uploaded files. After that, click on the filename, and it will take you to another screen. Copy and paste the file address, and post it here.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Chris,I gave up on Filefront and uploaded to File Factory [ see my post ] - easy peasy ! :( Thanks again........Stuart

I don't blame you for going elsewhere, Stuart. For some reason, there is no "delete" symbol next to my own files, which is preventing me from deleting one of them! I guess I will have to send them an email.......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,File factory is a breeze to use with a File Manager facility.You could be retired before Filefront reply to any E-mails. :( Stuart

A search for "filefront fu3" returns not only upload of the cockpits posted by Chris but a full Spanish version of FU3 also (FLT3 SPN CD1, CD2, CD3) a lot of winrar files producing the 3 FU3 cds. I have never seen a full upload of this game before.by the way I learned the name of the language dependent folder in FU3: ENGPILE for English, GERPILE for German and SPNPILE for Spanish version . :( Andre