Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexmi6rider

PMDG 747-400 ANA / Pokemon Livery

Guest alexmi6rider

Hello PMDG friends,Does it constitute an infringement to install third-party liveries on the PMDG 747-400X (or any version for that matter)?I'm actually asking this because I'm trying to insert a part into the aircraft.cfg document after having downloaded the ANA Pokemon livery which is the very recent version (I think as it was released 2 months ago). But the aircraft.cfg is denying me from saving the document (it says make sure that the file path is the same; similar window appears when you try and augment the aircraft.cfg documents for the default FSX aircraft). The one I downloaded last year wasn't working on FSX and the claim is that this version works.Could PMDG advise if this is permitted and within PMDG policy as I am not aware if this is the case.If it isn't allowed, will PMDG (or perhaps someone else) be working on the ANA Pokemon livery?Thanks again friends, :( Mohammed.

Hello PMDG friends,Does it constitute an infringement to install third-party liveries on the PMDG 747-400X (or any version for that matter)?I'm actually asking this because I'm trying to insert a part into the aircraft.cfg document after having downloaded the ANA Pokemon livery which is the very recent version (I think as it was released 2 months ago). But the aircraft.cfg is denying me from saving the document (it says make sure that the file path is the same; similar window appears when you try and augment the aircraft.cfg documents for the default FSX aircraft). The one I downloaded last year wasn't working on FSX and the claim is that this version works.Could PMDG advise if this is permitted and within PMDG policy as I am not aware if this is the case.If it isn't allowed, will PMDG (or perhaps someone else) be working on the ANA Pokemon livery?Thanks again friends, :( Mohammed.
Hi Mohammed,There's nothing wrong with installing 3rd party liveries... that's why PMDG releases a paint kit! I think I know which Pokeman repaint you are trying to install and I can assure you that it does, indeed, work OK in FSX - I have that livery installed myself.As long as the livery is a true FSX livery, it should work (the easiest way to know for sure is to look at the extentions on the texture files... if they end with .dds, then they are FSX textures... if they have .bmp extensions, they are most likely for FS9.Good luck! :( - Alex

Hi Mohammed, if you run Notepad as Administrator and browse the fsx folder and open aircraft.cfg and edit it it'll save no problem. I guess you're using Vista or Win7 and fsx is on the C drive.It's the nanny UAC.John Ellison

Guest alexmi6rider
Hi Mohammed, if you run Notepad as Administrator and browse the fsx folder and open aircraft.cfg and edit it it'll save no problem. I guess you're using Vista or Win7 and fsx is on the C drive.It's the nanny UAC.John Ellison
Hello JohnThanks for that note, I ran Notepad as administrator and thankfully it saved; Vista is such a pain in the bottom! Hopefully Windows7 shouldn't be as much a problem as Vista when I upgrade.Only problem is, when I went onto FSX menu to load up the plane, it appeared something like this (the attachment)Thanks againMohammed.
Hi Mohammed,There's nothing wrong with installing 3rd party liveries... that's why PMDG releases a paint kit! I think I know which Pokeman repaint you are trying to install and I can assure you that it does, indeed, work OK in FSX - I have that livery installed myself.As long as the livery is a true FSX livery, it should work (the easiest way to know for sure is to look at the extentions on the texture files... if they end with .dds, then they are FSX textures... if they have .bmp extensions, they are most likely for FS9.Good luck! :( - Alex
Hello AlexThanks for your advice.Unfortunately, when I went onto the FSX menu, it turned out something like the image uploaded below:It happened last time on my old system as well.This file was actually the one I downloaded from Simviation, their link is http://simviation.com/simviation/?ID=68&am...0&mark=6496Cheers, :( Mohammed.

Guest alexmi6rider

Whoops and big style whoops!I forgot to copy and paste a textures cfg. file into the textures.Poke folder!!!it works fine now.thanks for the support, :( Mohammed.