Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Great Places to See TileProxy

Take of from Bolzano and fly 045 degrees. Climb to seven or eight thousand feet and the scenery in service 1 is stunning. Amongst the best I've seen yet in Tileproxy.Perhaps we ought to run a thread called great places to visit with Tileproxy.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Ian,I've thought that we should have such a thread (pinned, of course, so it doesn't get lost). I discovered Bolzen/Bolzano a few weeks ago following the autobahn down from Innsbruck. I agree, it's an exquisite site; a little flaky with the color mix (in places) but still beautiful.. one of the best! Canyons are my favorite dessert!As a second item for the list, The Danube has good resolution from the source to about halfway across Europe. At the moment I'm still in Wales near the Mach Loop... good coverage for this area also. Doing this one at 2.4mLoyd

That's a great idea guys, lets ask The mods if they can make a sticky for these.And you have to include a screenshot or two, just so we can get the picture...How about this one: Take off from Escalante, Utah, head east over the Mesa towards the Henry Mountains then circle over canyonlands national park and the colorado river, a truly awesome mix of colours, rock formations and scenery. Will post some screens when I get home.

Great shots Mark - presumably service 3?I did some shots around Bolzano, the Dolimites and Innsbruck but when I compreesed them, they didn't look so great (I need to reinstall Photoshop). Is that the same for you?Good Areas for Service 1:South West UK - Bristol (EGGD) all the way down to Lands EndMost of Wales particularly the Brecons and Snodonia Lake DistrictIbizaHollandNaples, Vesuvius and the Amalfi Cooast paricularly if you can use 30cm textures.Poor Areas for Service 1:ScotlandIsle of WightScilly IslesMajorcaMenorcaGeneral consensus on mapping & texture Quality:Nort America - Service 3Europe - Service 1Any successes in other parts of the world and the service used would be helpful.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

In the North Cascades National Park and vicinity, the Skagit River runs out of the mountain valleys of some attractive high country.You can fly out of Skagit Regional [KBVS] following state route 20 (immediately south of the field) and the Skagit River eastward into the mountains.The route takes you from KBVS past WA56 and 3W5 at Concrete WA (near Lake Shannon). If you don't want to leave the river and fly all the way up to Washington Pass you can turn around at Diablo Lake and return.There are no other fields until crossing the pass so you might want to choose amphibious or a "bush" plane so you have some way to put down while in the mountains. Service 3 / 2.4mLoyd

Nice flight Loyd. pity about the compression of the pics. It looks better that that in Tileproxy and well worth the fiight.I did the lake district UK again last night and forgot how really good that looks. The standard mesh fits perfectly and the textures are consistent over the whole area with great water to land on if you like doing that.IAN

Nice flight Loyd. pity about the compression of the pics. It looks better that that in Tileproxy and well worth the fiight.I did the lake district UK again last night and forgot how really good that looks. The standard mesh fits perfectly and the textures are consistent over the whole area with great water to land on if you like doing that.IAN
Not being from the UK, I'm not familiar with "Lake District"... do you have a centralized airport designation I should start from? or a Lat/Lon limit for the area?Loyd

Guest EZYFlyer
Not being from the UK, I'm not familiar with "Lake District"... do you have a centralized airport designation I should start from? or a Lat/Lon limit for the area?Loyd
Map: http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=5....469177&z=9Closest airports are Barrow (Walney Island) (EGNL), head north east towards Windermere, Coniston and Keswick (beautiful part of the world). You could also head south west out of Carlisle (EGNC). Flying between the two will take you over the heart of the Lake District.Really is a beautiful part of the world, a shame most of the towns are underwater at the moment with the floods.CheersNoel

The Lake District (UK)... what a pretty area -"Small and low" though it may be - at least it seems that way compared to the Rockies!I thought it needed "low and moderately slow" to enjoy so I started with the Cub.Then when I got over to the NE corner I decided to drop down to the Ultralight.But that was a little too slow so I kicked it to 2X. What a blast!Now, thought I, all that is needed to make it a real fun place is to use the location for an Ultralight Rally! In multiplayer.We just need to have someone who knows the area be leader and we could play "follow the leader".I'm going to try it with just FS Recorder and fly wit meself, I'm thinking...Thanks, Noel, for the map link; I had it pretty close but hadn't found but one of the towns you mentioned. I love it!Loyd

The Lake District (UK)... what a pretty area -"Small and low" though it may be - at least it seems that way compared to the Rockies!I thought it needed "low and moderately slow" to enjoy so I started with the Cub.Then when I got over to the NE corner I decided to drop down to the Ultralight.But that was a little too slow so I kicked it to 2X. What a blast!Now, thought I, all that is needed to make it a real fun place is to use the location for an Ultralight Rally! In multiplayer.We just need to have someone who knows the area be leader and we could play "follow the leader".I'm going to try it with just FS Recorder and fly wit meself, I'm thinking...Thanks, Noel, for the map link; I had it pretty close but hadn't found but one of the towns you mentioned. I love it!Loyd
HE HE !!!, Yes indeed Loyd, you yanks are well and truly spoiled for scenery over there, what little mountains and wild stuff we have is the size of a carpark compared to the vast expanses in the Western USA. There are some nice mountains in Scotland, I dont know what the coverage is like on service 1, but I just brought Horizon simulations western Isles product, which is at 60cm resolution. I will investigate. Thanks for the flight plan , it works a treat, and yes, I was flying the wrong route !! Talking of amazing places to fly, have any of you guys discovered Jacksons Hole in Wyoming? Did a flight there last night and was blown away!! Will post some piccies later. Cheers,MarkEdit: I asked if they could make this thread a sticky and Jeremy kindly obliged, so we can post our discoveries of great places to fly Tileproxy here from now on. Screenshots may disappear after a month however....

Great Thread - I have fs host and teamspeak running for the Team AVSIM Round The World race practice, and I would be more than happy to host a fly in

HE HE !!!, Yes indeed Loyd, you yanks are well and truly spoiled for scenery over there, what little mountains and wild stuff we have is the size of a carpark compared to the vast expanses in the Western USA. There are some nice mountains in Scotland, I dont know what the coverage is like on service 1, but I just brought Horizon simulations western Isles product, which is at 60cm resolution. I will investigate. Thanks for the flight plan , it works a treat, and yes, I was flying the wrong route !! Talking of amazing places to fly, have any of you guys discovered Jacksons Hole in Wyoming? Did a flight there last night and was blown away!! Will post some piccies later. Cheers,MarkEdit: I asked if they could make this thread a sticky and Jeremy kindly obliged, so we can post our discoveries of great places to fly Tileproxy here from now on. Screenshots may disappear after a month however....

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I wouldn't bother with Scotland Mark, I've spent some time up there trying different settings, but the resolution of the images isn't up to much. I flew from Edingburg to Glasgow and back, had a hop around Inverness and down Loch Ness and it's not up to much unfortunately.Never mind, lots of other great places to see.IAN

How about this, Moab, Utah, great quality coverage and amazing scenery and colours = VFR heaven.......Moab, Utah:2009-11-29_22-4-49-444.jpg2009-11-29_22-4-59-608.jpg2009-11-29_22-6-8-919.jpg And the old favourite, Grand Teton national Park 2009-11-25_22-30-4-570.jpg2009-11-25_22-40-51-627.jpg2009-11-25_22-43-9-325.jpg2009-11-25_22-46-35-948.jpg2009-11-25_22-44-35-20.jpg Cheers, Mark

Looks like I'll be taking my next flight at Moab then Mark but I think I may have to free up some hard drive space first.IAN