Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Great Places to See TileProxy

Great thread. My tip is Hawaii. With a 10m freeware mesh from avisim the north coast cliffs of molokai are just awesome. And also that little island west of barking sands. In fact anywhere in Hawaii with service 3 is certainly worth a visit :(

Flew from Bolzano up through the mountains and accross to Venice. Once you are out of the mountains, it's a bit flat for a few miles but Venice is worth a look. Best from 2000 feet or so though but the Grand Union Canal is there in all it's glory.Service 1.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Hey Ian, I have only made one attempt at Europe and service 1, i tried the Val D'Aosta, but did not have great results. Perhaps a bit of tinkering with settings required ! Will have a look over the Holidays.BTW, I did a flight last night over Arizona, there is some amazing colours there out in the painted desert and surroundings. Will post up shots later...Cheers,Mark

I had this location bookmarked but don't recall following it up until this evening... Great locations to view in Flashearth...Did you know some of the famous Crop Circles are quite in evidence near Barnsley along the M1 in the UK?There might be any number of other locations with decent resolution to explore listed on this page:http://www.dnronline.com/earth_map.phpI even stumbled onto a massive impact crater in Central Australia once; I don't remember the name or exactly where it was but when I find it again I'll post it...Loyd

I found some great on one of my around the world flights from Elko, Nevada to Empire Nevada (KEKO -> NV77) and I saw some really great scenery with lots of ridges and mountains, and they looked great with Service 1 and 3. I prefer Service 1's color but the colors change between level mapping while Service 3s color remains similar throughout all levels. There are few farms on the way and very small towns, which gives you an idea about life in Nevada apart from Las Vegas! Photoscenery leaves default FSX scenery in the dust, and with default scenery I'm betting all you'll see is a desert with no crop circles or farms, and at Elko you might not even see a small city/town.Elko: http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=40.826704&a...r=0&src=msaSome Crop Circles on the way: http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=40.847113&a...r=0&src=msaEmpire (which has a runway that's impossible to find!): http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=40.847113&a...r=0&src=msa

Guest Sid3k

Hi everyone! My fav places to fly around are near my city (Genoa IT), Italian Alps near Aosta and (see below) Geneve Lake (CH) all with Service 2 (VE).

One of my favorite places in the Rockies... just north of the Colorado River and Glenwood Springs (KGWS) - and northwest of KEGE: in the White River National Forest.. The "Hightops" plateau region. I just loves me some canyons!Locationat the top of Grizzly Creek CanyonApproach to Glenwood SpringsNot the 'best' imagery (yet) but maybe someday it'll get better...Loyd

Hey Loyd, ( Happy New year !!) are you using FS Earth for that neat little map attachment there? Cheers, Mark

Hey Loyd, ( Happy New year !!) are you using FS Earth for that neat little map attachment there? Cheers, Mark
And a Happy New Year to you also, Mark!No, it's Plan-G... http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/Was just about to add this... but you gotta love mountains... KTEX elev 2767m (Telluride Colorado) at 2.4m svc3You can also head just about any direction from here. I just came back up from a run down to Cortez (KCEZ) following The Dolores River/Hwy 145.Loyd

I think this location was pointed out in another thread some time ago and I did a 'tour' at 5m/svc3.It's better still at 2.4m (level 16)...Glacier National Park - kind of like the Lakes District 'on steroids'. It's almost too much; too extensive to absorb.For a 'sample', fly out of 49S or fly across the heart of the area 49S to KFCA.Loyd

I got around to posting up my Arizona shots, also some shots of a flight out of Bolzano, as recommended b y Ian. He was right!! It was STUNNING!! There is some great quailty imagery there, its a shame the whole of the Alps is not so good. Anyway, a couple of arizona, followed by a couple of what you can expect from Bolzano:2009-12-20_16-50-37-694.jpg2009-12-20_16-56-39-395.jpg2009-12-28_20-40-51-374.jpg2009-12-31_16-18-42-922.jpgCheers, Mark

Was over at Missoula (KMSO) earlier today when I remembered how nice the 'new' Idaho was.Svc1 (a little brighter than svc3) at level 16 (2m)Flying out of Shoshone County apt (S83) and headed for Coeur d'Alene (KCOE)I did have to 'line up' the runway at S83 before I'd take his picture...Idaho! It's as purdy as a pitcher...Loyd

And check out Corsica!!!!!2010-1-13_22-59-4-878.jpg2010-1-13_22-57-14-1.jpgBtw, anyone have any idea how to tweak the water mask setytings to avoid the nasty blocky stuff as seen in the first shot?So many places to fly.....so little time! Cheers, Mark

I set blend distance at 140 I think.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)