Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Great Places to See TileProxy

Btw, anyone have any idea how to tweak the water mask setytings to avoid the nasty blocky stuff as seen in the first shot?
Could be the junction where there is an abrupt end to the higher res island imagery; you'd have to look at the jpg tiles and see if they match what you see. If so, then reduce the blend_distance, and/or adjust blend_exponent, or the transparency "alpha's". Could it also be a poor water mask in that area?Loyd

I'm new to the Avsim Forum. First, I want to thank Christian for Tileproxy and MortenS for finding a way to add a Norwegian map service to Tileproxy. There are many, many spectacular places to fly in Norway (almost anywhere). Service 1 and Service 3 are very poor in Norway. Here are a few places I have actually been in Norway and flown over with Tileproxy/FSX...Also posted pix here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=273745

Those are great images, John; especially the first one. I think it's a great service for flying in Norway, but it seems to download textures a bit slow; at least for me. Think this might be because it shouldn't need the capasity that the worldwide services need.

Hey guys.. I have a pic I want to share of Interlaken Switzerland.. But I don't know how to add it to the thread.. Either way, while I figure that out, you can take off from Interlaken Mil and fly in any direction. It all has great coverage and the scenery is beautiful. 

So... Which photo sharing service do you guys use? I'm trying to share my screens. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Here it is :) Figured out how to do it. I'll get better screens soon.

post-335887-0-06725600-1391498623.jpg

Hi there guys I hope I'm not butting in on the conversation I just couldnt find where to start a new topic. I live in New Zealand and have FSX installed. I'm going to install tile proxy and give it a go seeing as my country has some beautiful scenery. Firstly I have an AMD six core processor, 8GB of ram and a Radeon 2GB 200 series graphics card, plus broadband speed internet, will this be good enough to run tile proxy? Also am wondering about dawn dusk and night flying. Does it render city and suburb lighting?

Picos de Europa, Spain.

Take off at LEMR, fly 120 degrees and climb to 8500 feet.

Once above the peaks, turn East and find your way true the mountains.

When abeam LEXJ, turn North and land there.

Its a great route to fly.

Ryzen5-2400G/RTX2080/RAM16Gb

Hi there guys I hope I'm not butting in on the conversation I just couldnt find where to start a new topic. I live in New Zealand and have FSX installed. I'm going to install tile proxy and give it a go seeing as my country has some beautiful scenery. Firstly I have an AMD six core processor, 8GB of ram and a Radeon 2GB 200 series graphics card, plus broadband speed internet, will this be good enough to run tile proxy? Also am wondering about dawn dusk and night flying. Does it render city and suburb lighting?

yes your specs are much better than i have so youll be fine , good luck setting it up, any problems give me a shout and ill send you my ini file , it works a treat

Great to see a topic I started 7 years ago still going.  Does anyone else have any good Tileproxy locations to share?  IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)