Sign in to follow this  
fsape

My Citation X 2.0 Extreme impressions

Guest PPSFA

I watched the video and I gotta tell ya, regardless of the opinions of the cockpit, that woman in the back is THE ugliest I have ever seen! Someone please fix that, she hurts my eyes! :(

I watched the video and I gotta tell ya, regardless of the opinions of the cockpit, that woman in the back is THE ugliest I have ever seen! Someone please fix that, she hurts my eyes! :(
Ours or Wilco's? Frankly the scariness of the shiny plastic female FA in the Wilco/FT Product is well documented.If ours, then simply use the Preflight Configuration Utility to remove her.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Full keyboard shortcut support was not quite finished in time for release but is a work in progress for a Hotfix 1.1 Update.That includes support for Go Flight Hardware. The same holds true for support of custom waypoints and custom holds.
Excellent news, Ron. These 2 points will make the plane particularly exhaustive to me.Thanks,Dirk.

Excellent news, Ron. These 2 points will make the plane particularly exhaustive to me.Thanks,Dirk.
No problem Dirk. As you know, some things take longer than others but we are committed to this project over the long term. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

All of these other topics aside, what can you tell me (while awaiting screenies) about the VC textures? Is there a possible explanation why some call them A+ while others scores look more like my old high school report cards? Is this all a matter of opinion, or is it possible that there is another explanation. A setting/option of some sort? I'd find out for myself, but I'm waiting for Geof to get the Citation for me for Christmas.......and the flight sim version too :(

All of these other topics aside, what can you tell me (while awaiting screenies) about the VC textures? Is there a possible explanation why some call them A+ while others scores look more like my old high school report cards? Is this all a matter of opinion, or is it possible that there is another explanation. A setting/option of some sort? I'd find out for myself, but I'm waiting for Geof to get the Citation for me for Christmas.......and the flight sim version too :(
How about I get you a ride in one and you can give me your G1000 Baron to take for a spin or two or three.....

Mostly opinion. There are limitations in the software used to produce this aircraft. The costs of redoing the visual model/textures useing other software and more recent techniques would have prohibited release at this price point.It is obvious that the VC folks will never be satisfied with this VC and will describe it in derogatory terms such as ugly, inexcusable to release, etc. etc.At the end of the day, it is what it is, and no one is required to purchase or keep the purchase if not satisfied so it's dificult to fathom some of the near venemous criticism. In our view if someone doesn't own it and they are not directly harmed by it what business is it to them. :(
How about I get you a ride in one and you can give me your G1000 Baron to take for a spin or two or three.....
Ahah, a little bartering going on huh. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Mostly opinion. There are limitations in the software used to produce this aircraft. The costs of redoing the visual model/textures useing other software and more recent techniques would have prohibited release at this price point.It is obvious that the VC folks will never be satisfied with this VC and will describe it in derogatory terms such as ugly, inexcusable to release, etc. etc.At the end of the day, it is what it is, and no one is required to purchase or keep the purchase if not satisfied so it's dificult to fathom some of the near venemous criticism. In our view if someone doesn't own it and they are not directly harmed by it what business is it to them. :( Ahah, a little bartering going on huh. :(
Hey Ron-I don't see any of the comments (at least in this thread) as venemous. As an old salt that has been around a while you know every simmer has their preference for what creates their reality. That goes for different sims, products etc. It is a great policy you guys offer -as one can try, and find out for themselves what it is they require. Myself-I go for reality over the cosmetics but to each their own. As everyone knows-there is always a balance between reality, performance, and cosmetics in fs-and all three add to the sensation of reality on a motionless computer screen...and yes I am going to try to barter a ride in Jeremy's incredible creampuff sometime....

Guest 413X3

my only complaint with the CX 1.0 was the low resolution textures. Now that seems to be fixed, I don't care much about "immersion" trying to trick me into being there with more 3d nobs and such, then you have everyone complaining about framerate issues instead.

Hey Ron-I don't see any of the comments (at least in this thread) as venemous. As an old salt that has been around a while you know every simmer has their preference for what creates their reality. That goes for different sims, products etc. It is a great policy you guys offer -as one can try, and find out for themselves what it is they require. Myself-I go for reality over the cosmetics but to each their own. As everyone knows-there is always a balance between reality, performance, and cosmetics in fs-and all three add to the sensation of reality on a motionless computer screen...and yes I am going to try to barter a ride in Jeremy's incredible creampuff sometime....
Probably just me being oversensitive and tired.."I don't care how in depth the systems are - releasing such a terrible VC is inexcusable, especially when it's not even friendly on FPS. And by terrible, I don't just mean 'not pretty' - it's unpleasant to use."This illustrates what I meant but like I said, probably just me and another poor choice of words..Now that sounds like a blast. I know your location but is Jeremy close by?Edit: never mind, just noticed his forum signature.. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Now that sounds like a blast. I know your location but is Jeremy close by?Edit: never mind, just noticed his forum signature.. :( In a Baron-that is close by... :(

Now that sounds like a blast. I know your location but is Jeremy close by?Edit: never mind, just noticed his forum signature.. :( In a Baron-that is close by... :(
Ha ha, agreed. Can I tag along if I grovel? :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Probably just me being oversensitive and tired.."I don't care how in depth the systems are - releasing such a terrible VC is inexcusable, especially when it's not even friendly on FPS. And by terrible, I don't just mean 'not pretty' - it's unpleasant to use."This illustrates what I meant but like I said, probably just me and another poor choice of words..Now that sounds like a blast. I know your location but is Jeremy close by?Edit: never mind, just noticed his forum signature.. :(
Part of us bringing back civility to the forums is hunting down those that willfully and vigorously violate not only the terms of use, but also the spirit of these forums. You're too good to let nonsense comments like the aformentioned draw you into a defensive mode. To the author of those comments, I submit that you're opinion is perfectly valid, but just one of many on both sides of the aisle. I don't find anything "inexcusable" about this product, which I do not have to own in order to determine. We've been through these debates more times than I wish to remember with Captain Sim, Abacus, Carenado, and others. One member called the release of the PMDG MD-11 inexcusable, but I'm more than certain most would disagree with that statement, and I think it's fair to say that many disagree here as well. There's really no need to pile on the adjectives when disapproving of a product. I think the point could have been made without "inexcusable", "terrible", "not pretty", and "unpleasent".......seems like a little much. Perhaps a friendly chat with the developer(s) of a product would go a lot further towards advancing the debate so that we can all participate in a welcoming environment. The need to be civil applies to both sides.As to the important point - Why would I want to live close to Geof? He's about to be playing in the snow while I go to the beach :( . I offered him to come take the G58 out for a cruise but he couldn't find the time with his busy schedule of sled riding and building snowmen.

Part of us bringing back civility to the forums is hunting down those that willfully and vigorously violate not only the terms of use, but also the spirit of these forums. You're too good to let nonsense comments like the aformentioned draw you into a defensive mode. To the author of those comments, I submit that you're opinion is perfectly valid, but just one of many on both sides of the aisle. I don't find anything "inexcusable" about this product, which I do not have to own in order to determine. We've been through these debates more times than I wish to remember with Captain Sim, Abacus, Carenado, and others. One member called the release of the PMDG MD-11 inexcusable, but I'm more than certain most would disagree with that statement, and I think it's fair to say that many disagree here as well. There's really no need to pile on the adjectives when disapproving of a product. I think the point could have been made without "inexcusable", "terrible", "not pretty", and "unpleasent".......seems like a little much. Perhaps a friendly chat with the developer(s) of a product would go a lot further towards advancing the debate so that we can all participate in a welcoming environment. The need to be civil applies to both sides.As to the important point - Why would I want to live close to Geof? He's about to be playing in the snow while I go to the beach :( . I offered him to come take the G58 out for a cruise but he couldn't find the time with his busy schedule of sled riding and building snowmen.
You would usually be right-but right now we are in the 60's and sun-like your "winters".However,the snow/ice stuff will come-it always does-but then I'll be in Florida for two weeks of it-so you better order some good weather then-I insist on it and if not it will be "inexcusable" , "terrible" "not pretty" and "unpleasant"! :-lol

Guest PPSFA
Ours or Wilco's? Frankly the scariness of the shiny plastic female FA in the Wilco/FT Product is well documented.If ours, then simply use the Preflight Configuration Utility to remove her.
Your's, but now that I thnk about it, every female I've ever seen in FSX planes is ugly! Maybe I need to change my standards! NAAaawww!